Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dual wielding Shields

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
I get that this started out as a joke but i think many people actually wanted this. As per the most recent live stream, using 2 shields is not a thing. Bacon asked what if the shield has spikes on it but i still doubt that dual wielding shields will happen.

What i want to ask is can a shield ever be used as a weapon. 

something like this maybe be used to attack with? If not, can shields like this grant attack stats instead of just defense?

The savage lynel shield in Botw comes to mind. The animation used for deflecting attacks is also the same animation the lynel shield uses to attack if you are close enough to an enemy.

Comments

• Options
    well, I think you are as likely to have twin shields as if you have guns.
  • Options
    I know some games use fist weapons that are so elaborate they look like fancy bucklers. So that's kinda like dual wielding shields.
  • Options
    I can picture there being a shield bluff as a means of CC or even a damaging strike. Its a logical attack IMO. Duel wield shields ... nah
  • Options
    Maybe its a group spell like a shield wall that way you are just one wall of steel
  • Options
    nagash said:
    i dont know if anyone noticed but there was a rifle amongst the art shown in the most recent livestream. I don't think steven himself saw that or maybe it was intentional  :o : :open_mouth:
  • Options
    nagash said:
    i dont know if anyone noticed but there was a rifle amongst the art shown in the most recent livestream. I don't think steven himself saw that or maybe it was intentional  :o : :open_mouth:
    well steven said there would be no guns/black powder weapons 
  • Options
    One shield for blocking, one shield for throwing. Maybe spec into the ability to throw both or block with both. I can dig it.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    nagash said:
    Guns confirmed by @nagash!!!   :p
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm not sure if your specifically talking about games but captain america manages to make the whole shield as a weapon thing work as shown in this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UB-sVxIccM 
    TLDW
    He throws it a lot
  • Options
    Dual wielding shields? Does not make any sense. So i would also say no!
  • Options
    Tika is that you?  ;) 

I think that was just a side view of a crossbow but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if your specifically talking about games but captain america manages to make the whole shield as a weapon thing work as shown in this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UB-sVxIccM 
    TLDW
    He throws it a lot
    I think I prefer the shield bracers he used in Infinity War.  Small shields and fist weapons in one. 
  • Options
    Noemad said:
    Tika is that you?  ;) 

I think that was just a side view of a crossbow but I could be wrong.

It was just the side view. My mistake