Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Identifying corrupted individuals

How will you be able to easily identify corrupted individuals?

Comments

• Options
    Steven said a while ago that:
    "Corruption has a visible effect on a player’s appearance."
    and "a corrupt player’s location is revealed to bounty hunters on their world map." 

this is from the wiki https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    I'm going to guess their nametag and portrait will show up as red or something. That's the most common way to denote a person flagged as killable.
  • Options
    The scenario goes like this:
    A harvester is out mining/gathering/whatever, he/she is jumped(usually from behind) by a pvp minded PC. Will said harvester be able to quickly identify if the attacking PC has corruption? Since, I believe, a noncombatant flagged PC would use this as a factor on whether or not they attack back.
  • Options
    It's not like it is going to be hidden, either character appereance or status will be flagged as corrupted.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    So I did some digging on the Google Doc about "everything we know" and found this pic of corruption on a troll.

https://gyazo.com/890f882c0fc7b91598b9ffff692f4f61

So it looks like it may physically change your appearance.
  • Options
    Great pic, thank you for that. It would be very cool if as your corruption increased so did the metamorphosis, though I admit I do not know the work that this would entail.

• Options
    Mattchoo said:
    How will you be able to easily identify corrupted individuals?
    It will be the person standing over your corpse while you are out questing...  :p 
  • Options
    My only concern is if a player attacks me and I defend myself and kill said player will i gain corruption 
  • Options
    xschlemmx said:
    My only concern is if a player attacks me and I defend myself and kill said player will i gain corruption 
    No. Corruption is gained by someone who initiates pvp on a player who does not fight back. If someone hits you first it is fair game to destroy them with no repercussions. 
  • Options
    Most likely different color namesSintu said:
    xschlemmx said:
    No. Corruption is gained by someone who initiates pvp on a player who does not fight back. If someone hits you first it is fair game to destroy them with no repercussions. 
    I hope this doesn't promote a type of baiting style of combat. However unlikely.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    So I did some digging on the Google Doc about "everything we know" and found this pic of corruption on a troll.

https://gyazo.com/890f882c0fc7b91598b9ffff692f4f61

So it looks like it may physically change your appearance.
    Awesome find. That looks so badass!
  • Options
    pasty white skin and sunken eyes, no doubt a corrupted individual
  • Options
    I was thinking they'd be more like Chicken yellow.   After all they'd be pecking from behind.   

• Options
    I was thinking they'd be more like Chicken yellow.   After all they'd be pecking from behind.   

They will be dressed and appear like certain politicians....not anyone in particular. XD
  • Options
    What about stealth abilities, will that cover you from bounty hunters?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Valerian <Speculation>most likely in combat, but not on the mini-map. So you would be able to break combat and run for a short while to try and get away, but they are still following the "scent" of corruption you are giving off.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Maybe some corner of the map that houses corrupted players or guilds giving them grace period and safe spots until they fight off their corruption? Corruption can be played with cooperation among other players so at least bounty hunters can actually have something to play with? Isn't that the whole point? to create conflict between bounty hunters and corrupted players? Oh and do you really want bounty hunters to have a huge advantage over corrupted players? 
  • Options
    Valerian said:
    Maybe some corner of the map that houses corrupted players or guilds giving them grace period and safe spots until they fight off their corruption? Corruption can be played with cooperation among other players so at least bounty hunters can actually have something to play with? Isn't that the whole point? to create conflict between bounty hunters and corrupted players? Oh and do you really want bounty hunters to have a huge advantage over corrupted players? 
    Actually yes...I do want Bounty hunters to have an advantage so it will discourage killing weak or lower level opponents that give corruption to their killers.   
  • Options
    The intention of corruption is to penalize anti-social actions as defined by the developers. It is not something that they are going to promote by giving tools and incentives to players to prop up an ancillary system that they are putting in place to help achieve that penalty. The argument of "They need to make life easier for corrupted individuals, so more people take that route, so that bounty hunters will have more and interesting targets." has never been the point.