Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation - Curb Appeal

Will Ashes of Creation have good Curb Appeal?

What will be the thing that makes Ashes of Creation simply "look" exciting to those who aren't already committed to the Alpha/Beta stages.

Comments

• Options
    I think the same things that made us, the ones that already bought the game, buy it without it even being out yet. Many people are just waiting to see if those promises materialize. so IF Intrepid is true to their word and delivers, any of those mechanics will do.
  • Options
    I came here for sandals  
  • Options
    I think the Kickstarter proved Ashes had curb appeal.
  • Options
    If this game fails, Im giving up on MMORPGs, and i'll begin fulltime adulting......god forbid that should happen. 
  • Options
    I came here to be able to make a fat assassin in the night like a shadow.

Soldier 1: Hey that's weird your shadow in the candle light looks a little bigger than normal." 

Soldier 2: "What really?!...Now that you mentioned my chips are gone...? Give me my Nacho chips back!"

Soldier 1: I swear man I didn't touch them!

Soldier 2: "Arrrghhh" *Starts swinging blade*

Soldier 1: "RAAHHH"

bloody massacre ensues in the dark of night as a slight crunching of chips can be heard getting fainter...and fainter....

A faint whisper: Their Nacho chips....their my chips....
  • Options
    I think you've asked a very valid question and I've been wondering about this as well.  How do you have curb appeal without falling victim to what has essentially hurt the MMO industry over time?

So essentially what is attracting user persona (Casual person)  to the game?

The answer I think may be in it's purpose and design.  Many of us fondly remember the good old days of MMO's while recognizing things had to change.. just not really in the way that they went.  If that magic could be brought back while addressing some of the issues, I think it will have curbside appeal.
  • Options
    I can't say I have a good answer to this. But for regular persons who aren't explicitly looking for their next mmo with distinct features/elements of a game they crave.. but just a game to play... good marketing perhaps. However I've played games where the marketing made an impression that the game would be something I'd enjoy, and then it wasn't. But I guess it at least got me trying it. For people who are looking for something in particular and find this game will have that, they would be drawn in for that reason I suppose.
  • Options
    Holy-Shiv said:
    If this game fails, Im giving up on MMORPGs, and i'll begin fulltime adulting......god forbid that should happen. 
    I was having this crisis just before I stumbled on Ashes ^^ If Ashes fails- that is it..... *cries into lillypad* - but but but - We as a community - will do our best to make sure it does not fail! The devs are always watching and listening! 
  • Options
    Due to the downward slide of the game industry most of us have been stumbling along looking for a game to fill the void that they have left us in.   We are part of the reason the gaming industry has failed us.  We let our priorities slip and bought into the fast hype they gave us and encouraged them to keep producing mediocre games that promised much but gave little while taking our time and money.  
    Through Steven who is first and foremost an avid gamer,  we have hope of a decent game with depth like the old school games we all started with.  

Gamers are starved for a good honest game. Steven's enthusiasm and dreams are infectious and genuine.  You never see that kind of enthusiasm from developers who only want your hard earned cash.   I believe that in itself with active involved testers will help draw gamers together into the world of Ashes. 
  • Options
    YOU AIN'T GETTING ME ADULTING!

*waits patiently for the first Ashes of Creation tv commercial*   
  • Options
    Lore Lore and more Lore
  • Options
    This game will take off like a rocket if it is as good as promised. There are a LOT of people watching this title that haven't bought in to the kickstarter/pre-order stuff. But, they will sign up in droves if the news is favorable, and that news will spread like wildfire.

If this doesn't turn into an out-of-balance, gear-centric, gankfest (think: Black Desert or Aion) it will probably do very well. ::fingers crossed:: I hope they are paying particular attention to power creep for itemization for this game. If they keep the playing field fairly level and make it so it doesn't take months to put together competitive gear, this may be the best game in decades.

As Nagash said, having a compelling lore story and meaningful participation and...oh boy, gonna be sweet. 
  • Options
    Something just seems to click with this game, if IS delivers on all their promises then this might aswell be the best game to come out for this genre.