Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Trial weekend

Hello, 
I would like to ask if there will be some kind of trial weekend?

I'm considering buying Voyager or Intrepid pre-order pack. But that's a lot of money, I really like the game, but I can't recognize if I will like it or not from gameplay videos. And I think there is more people like me, who considering buying, but lack some experience with game before investing such high amout (at least for me 500$ is quite a big amount). 

Thanks for any info. 
Naharr

Comments

• Options
    Nope, there will be no trial weekends. The game is currently in A0 which is a technical testing phase. You should not base your decision to play or purchase a package off of what is currently on offer. These are not what the industry has put out as "Alpha soft launches" that allow you to play a game that the developers have no intention of doing any more serious work on. You should only buy a package if you are interested in the cosmetics and want to test systems. If you are looking to play, then you should probably wait out the year and half or so till release, pony up the $15 sub and make a decision then. There is no box cost at launch and future dlc and updates are included in your base sub. If you are looking at $500 as "investing" you are going to be sorely disappointed when you don't get to "play" for maybe up to a year from now.
  • Options
    I am hoping for no 'free weekends' period to be quite honest.
  • Options
    That would be a no
  • Options
    Those "packs" are investments in the development of what we hope to be a great future game.  No free weekends or free play.  It's in pre-testing of systems atm. 
    Ashes is not one of those every day run of the mill,  always undeveloped games that people are enticed to pay for or given a weekend sample of in order to take their money.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    You have your answer in your post.

The pack is too much money for you. These packs aren't so YOU can have something, they are an investment in the game. They just include stuff to entice and thank you for the support.

If you can't justify spending that kind of money on faith, then don't.

I've probably pumped around $1000 into this game because I support the ideals and goals Intrepid has with Ashes. I'm totally prepared to never get back $1k worth of value, yet I'm really sure it will be money well spent.

If you are not convinced then don't spend the money! Wait for the game to get into Beta, watch videos and read up on the game to see if your mind chances.

• Options
    You're either all in or not. I'm personally all in. I believe in what Steven and intrepid studios has us in for. He is our prophet and we follow him, not blindly but we follow.
  • Options
    The reason so many people are investing $$$ in the development of this game by buying the pre-order packs is because the believe in Steven Sharif, the creative developer of this game.  Lots of people have faith in the product him and his team are building.  As someone new coming onto the scene, it is understandable that you are looking at the graphics as though this is a final product.  One of Steven's goals is to share moment-to-moment the game development which allows the player base to participate in the development of their new world Verra!  If you go back and watch the videos and posts from the beginning, you will get an idea of the great journey so many of us are on.  This is no ordinary cookie-cutter MMO.  Steven's dream is to bring back the pride of people playing an MMO for a reason ~ their community. 
  • Options
    There are just people looking for handouts everywhere these days. No wonder why the gaming industry, especially MMOs, is falling short and turning to crap. 
  • Options
    B0 is likely to be similar to a free trial weekend if you can manage to get a key to that
  • Options
    Unless you win an Alpha 0 key then nope, you don't need to buy the package now anyway they wont disappear :3
  • Options
    Unless you win an Alpha 0 key then nope, you don't need to buy the package now anyway they wont disappear :3
    With this crowd...theft could be an option to make them disappear.  :p