Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

" The Hell Server "

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
What do you guys & gals think of this Post i made ?
Would love to hear from the Community

Thanks in advance

EDIT: To add clarification, if the Stat-reduction from the Corruption System is not enough , what do you think should be *added* to further try maintain balance between PvEers & PvPers ?

Comments

• Options
     I think we should just wait for Intrepid to test their system.  Your's is a little severe don't you think? Your plan seems highly unfair.  It seems to greatly hurt PvP players and that is not the goal of the game or most PvE players.  
  • Options
    @CylverRayne
    Well thats what i meant. One particular gets sooo out-of-control,
    • via Zerging Node(s)
    • a Server full of Red-names - Green-names being practically Very Rare due to events that led up to that point
    • etc ...
    In short, a Server ... out-of-control

that the PvEers will be practically non-existent. So keep the Balance, " this " is what i proposed. But its just a suggestion nonetheless

But yeah i ultimately see what you mean - just one big what if i suppose   :s
  • Options
    I think it would be a great event in game like the blood moon rises and everyone is red but as a server, I would say no
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I think it would be a great event in game like the blood moon rises and everyone is red but as a server, I would say no
    Blood Moon event, I like that! lol  
  • Options
    Ashes isn't planning on having official special rules server.
    Not even an RP server.
    I was hoping for a hell server for EQNext, so I love the concept, in theory.
    Closest we will get is an unofficial hardcore PvP combat server - where the hardcore PvP folks choose to flock.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Dear Eragale I'm referring to ur screen and ur restrictions ideas:

noone ever want to be RED
    1. U lose stats
    2. U lose precious items if killed
    3. U are hunted be bounty hunters.
    4. You lose a lot of durability if killed
    5. You lose a lot of exp if killed
    6. When u kill people u gain almost nothing

Why would anyone intentionally go RED? Lol.

7. It would have to be server compleatly filled  with hardcore sado-maso players.
    8.Green/violet/bounty hunters would have dramatic stats advantage (no debuff on them). Few strong green players could revolt server like that. 
    9. RED players would lose items, resources to repair and levels super fast.(to repair u need some materials u used to create that item)
    10. Technically server like that is just not possible. Simply because "When u die u lose corruption when u kill corrupted u don't gain corruption."

And when u die as RED is just sssoooo overpunished to the point it's radiculus and u want even more restrictions xDD U can play some nonPvP game if u dont like pvp that much or fight for non PvP servers here.

• Options
    Dygz said:
    Ashes isn't planning on having official special rules server.
    Not even an RP server.
    I was hoping for a hell server for EQNext, so I love the concept, in theory.
    Closest we will get is an unofficial hardcore PvP combat server - where the hardcore PvP folks choose to flock.
    No, no you have i all wrong
    • The scearnio i depict is a what if scenario if Guild Politics gets so out-of-hand ... that the " emerging dominant guild " decides to want to ...  essentially cause an "outbreak of red-names" .  I hope that makes sense
    • it has nothing to do with Special Rules Server
    • Its basicaly a depiction of Guild(s) trying to break the game
    Because even IF they are on the Bounty List ... if there's multiple of them - all gathered around in the same area ( Zerging ) .. AND if the amount of Red-Names is more than the Bounty Hunters ... then it kinda of won't matter if they're found

But i guess the next question is ... how much of a Stat-reduction would the Corruption-System provide - how high will it go ? And would it be enough via multiple players in the same area ? ( via 3 red-names vs 1 purple-name or green-name ) And most importantly ... would it be enough to maintain balance between PvEers & PvPers ?

just food for though, i suppose
  • Options
    @Szejm
    i actually like both PvE &  PvP - so its no problem for me. But just because its not probable ... doesn't mean its impossible  :p