Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Lore(?) richness of the world

Anyone has an idea how rich in lore(?) content world is going to be? I am not sure how to exactly ask that question so I'll try to explain. For example is every peace of land going to belong to a node which players will fight to protect/destroy, or will there be also on top of that some extra neutral wild areas (obviously with open pvp and stuff, just not belonging to the any node managed by players) full of miseries, dangerous creatures and who knows what else.

It seems that new MMORPGs lack this mystery solving element, and instead they just guide you with big text blocks from one NPC explaining the story like to a 5 year old and place marks on your map saying where exactly to go. At least that was what I experienced jumping between newer MMOs like BnS, BDO, GW2 and couple of others.

Any info on this stuff and what do you guys think about this topic?

Comments

• Options
    There is a deep and detailed lore explaining the backstory of why people have returned to Verra, why regions are the way they are, and why certain things are in the state they are in. That being said, do not expect to learn very much during development. The developers have stated repeatedly that they will NOT be releasing substantial lore before live launch to keep people engaged and spoilers to a minimum. If everyone knows that Jar-Jar is truly a Sith Lord in disguise before the game releases, then there is no fun to be had. Lore released during Alpha and Beta has been hinted at to be misleading, and in some cases false, just to throw people off. Every piece of land above and below the ground is part of a node, but the lore behind each region may never be discovered if players don't develop it. If a certain cave only appears in a certain node at the town level, and no one ever builds up that node to town level, that lore would remain undiscovered.