Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pets

I know there will be pets. This is just.. well here.

I'm after pets that matter. Fighting pets that can actually fight and impact a battle. Non-combat pets that effect quality of Life and assist adventurers in their enjoyment of the world. Either in exploring, fishing, crafting, hunting or what not.

Then some will say they don't want pets to be manditory and essential. So it needs balance.

Players are special, we get the ability to come back to life. Pets are the animals of the world. In the world they die. So pets should have perma death in the PvE part of the world. Sure they're an edge but if you don't care for them, you lose them. Effort. 

However, we all know there are Trolls. They'd go out and kill pets just because they can. So in PvP instances pets would get Injured and unable to fight until they get Treatment. Either from an npc in a town or the player themselves if they have the skills for it.

Powerful, Meaningful, Enjoyable pets. Give them a cost in care. 

Comments

• Options
    Since pets at this point in time are all cosmetic, I certainly don't want to worry about care and feeding.  We will probably have that with mounts and that's more than enough.  Yes, I would love to have pets that would loot, but that is all I would want them to do.
  • Options
    A pet is for loving a minion is for fighting ^^
  • Options
    Not advertising, but this is what made me the pet maniac I am today.
    http://rappelz.wikia.com/wiki/Poultry
    That's the kind of control over how my pet develops that I enjoyed for years, till a company merger that I had accounts with both kinda wrecked both accounts.

They even had classes specifically made for pet focus. I just want to see the attention to detail and control of how they grow that was there. 
  • Options
    I thought the pet skins go on the battle pets in game. And i also assumed that anyone can use battle pets not just the class specific.  

Anyone have some clarification? 
  • Options
     @AreeSoothsayer It sounds like you are going to be an amazing Summoner in Ashes of Creation.   "Summoner classes live and breath through their pet/summon/creature".  (This is not the cosmetic pet)
    • Will be able to summon different animals, potentially spirits, potentially corpses
    • Summoner class have a lot of abilities that channel through a summon
    http://www.aocwiki.net/Summoner 

Steven has expressed quite a bit of enthusiasm about the Summoner class on the Twitch livestreams too.    

• Options
    I know, I am attracted to Pets and Summons. Once details and video of in game action with the class comes out will be the deciding factor if I prepurchase.