Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Artisan professions

So I always enjoyed crafting in mmos, and i wonder If player could be well known master artisan of some sort purely on leveling artisan class. Without killing mosters and doing quest? Could a player raise his primary level just doing crafting?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    http://www.aocwiki.net/Economy#Artisan_Classes

Leveling your artisan class does not level your adventuring class. Crafters will be very important so you should be able to become a well known master Crafter if you focus on it.

This is my speculation but If you go into crafting or processing you can probably level it without ever fighting a monster but advancing in other aspects of the game can unlock stuff for your crafting professions. Some other forms of advancement might have combat connected to them so to be a true master, you might have to do some fighting. As i said, this is my speculation but it sounds like there are things outside of your artisan class that will unlock stuff for it. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    I think that if you are being fed by a guild, you might could level an artisan without fighting.  However, there will be other avenues including fighting, societies, and events that will reward you with recipes, that you may miss out upon.
  • Options
    While they will have artisan as a sort of stand alone profession, it would be hard to neglect the combat aspect if you needed to transport him/her around, or get access to some of the harder resources/recipes.  UNLESS as other have said, you are funded by a guild, or even your combat alts.
  • Options
    @Sarmatan - I too really enjoy crafting in a game.  I get the strong impression that lots of player-activities in this game are woven together so that you will naturally get pulled into all the other aspects of the game *in a meaningful way*.  Steven comes from a strong role-playing background and I believe that he is developing really cools ways for players to feel personally connected to the way Verra is repopulated by us and how it develops, instead of just a place to log into to craft.