Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How Unique is Unique?

"our class system lets you pick one of eight (8) base classes to begin, and then later you’ll be able to mix in a secondary class to create one of sixty-four unique class mixes."

The idea of having 64 unique classes, and 8 classes to try out with our base class, sounds amazing to me. This really could mean that there will be no end to our alt's and that amazing feeling of trying out new abilities and a new identity for our character.

My question is, how unique will these classes really be from each other? For example, is soul weaver just a cleric with a twist? Or will soul weaver and high priest be vastly different? Will the sub classes just feel like equipping a different weapon on the same class, or will it feel like a major change and growth from the base class to the sub class? Will I be able to recognize each one of the classes just by how they fight or will I mistake a weapon master for a duelist?

Can anyone show me what Intrepid has said regarding the uniqueness of the classes? Even some video links to the streams where they mentioned this topic would be nice.
Sorry I know this is somewhat of a lazy question, but I don't feel like doing the research myself.

Thank you in advance everyone!

Comments

• Options
    Primary class is your main class. Secondary class will augment the abilities of primary class. As of now thats the only answer. If you want a full answer youre gonna have to wait till we see class abilities and in game action. Personally i'd rather they not release this info because i want to find out myself when i play. As long as Alpha and beta testers confirm that it is indeed unique thats more than enough for me.
  • Options
    @VoidShadow

I don't need to know all the abilities and what not, just was wondering if Intrepid had said anything on how unique each sub class will be. 
  • Options
    Unique.
  • Options
    There will be a primary ability for your base archetype. You will then be able to augment that ability with different options to change it. The augment will change how the ability manifests itself. It will not be game breaking or change balance (might happen a bit in the beginning as unintended effects occur, but they have promised to monitor and change any that do as discovered.) With 64 combinations, the ability to use racial and social augments also, there are going to be a truly mind-boggling number of combinations that can be used.

TL;DR Unique
  • Options
    I don't think they even know yet; because it seems that they haven't fleshed everything out, including the other races.
  • Options
    I will go with one of a kind.