Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Controllers

I think this might have been asked before but i don't remember the answer. What are the chances i can play AoC with a ps4 or xbox controller or even a nintendo switch one for that matter?

Comments

• Options
    Fairly high since UE4 comes with native support built in. They have answered the controller question as "Something we are looking at, but no promises". In any case you would be able to use something like XPadder or another to get your desired result. That a game that is selling itself as revitalizing the genre wouldn't have controller support in 2019/2020 is dodgy at best.
  • Options
    While I hope that controller support is in the game, I also hope that the developers don't limit the game for the rest of us because of it.
  • Options
    They have repeatedly stated that we would only have 8-10 active skills on our UI. If games like FFXIV and ESO can figure out a way to map a full set of actions in the same range, should be easy as for Ashes to do also. 
  • Options
    They won't be supporting controllers out of the box, but you may be able to map keys to a controller should you wish to use one.

Source: https://youtu.be/EAG9mS0U4NQ?t=21m24s
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    They have repeatedly stated that we would only have 8-10 active skills on our UI. If games like FFXIV and ESO can figure out a way to map a full set of actions in the same range, should be easy as for Ashes to do also. 
    I was under the impression that they said that is the aim for launch, not that it was all they were ever putting in.

I've yet to play an MMO that hasn't added new spells and skills as the game progressed, and I am *hopeful* that new spells and skills will also mean additional active skills.

I know ESO hasn't, but ESO combat is so bad, it's what keeps me away from that game (I like the thieving though).
  • Options
    @Noaani I guess the way I expressed that has confused some people from the PM's I have gotten. They have said that you will have 8-10 active combat skills you can use at any particular time. You will have access to 30-40 skills not including passives. Like anything else you will have skill points, but not enough to be everything at every time. So you want to change your loadout it will need to be done at a station or through a mechanic in town. The thinking behind it was that they want people to actively choose what abilities they plan on using for that session, not be able to swap out builds "on-the-fly". The other thing they want to avoid is the UI clutter. WoW was a specific example mentioned where you have rows and rows of toolbars. With that in mind, I dont think it is going to be too hard to use a controller for those that want to. We have Jeffrey's statement during a livestream that people will be able to map stuff through keybinds anyways, so no too big an issue.