Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What I hope a possibility is when Merging classes.

So I understand we have the option to have a main class and then a "sub-class" Or Affinity afterwords. and In my imagination I am picturing being able to be a Summoner with Rogue like skills. So I can summon a creature to assist me in battle but then Use invisibility to then get a backstab on my opponent. 

What Nasty combinations are you guys picturing?i

Comments

• Options
    I really want to be able to take a brownie and put chocolate ice cream on it with hot fudge. People think that's to much chocolate, but that's a winning combination.
  • Options
    Please do some research about what the secondary classes will do. You will NOT have the full class abilities of the secondary to use. In your example you would be able to augment your summon so that it gave a limited short term invisibility to the cast, or add the backstab damage modifier to another ability that has that augment option. The idea that you are going to be a summoner that will get all the benefits of being a rogue like full invisibility is just wrong from what they have released so far, and you need to adjust your hype bubble before you spend the next year building up an image of how you think you will be playing, only to have it shattered. Then go screaming across the internet "Screw those guys, I didn't get to do what I wanted, even though they never stated or promised that!"
  • Options
    It is more of a Augmentation of the main classes ability/abilities. I really wonder how heavy these affect gameplay although I think It will just make your main class just slightly more unique. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    SpellSword vs BladeCaller

https://media.tenor.co/images/1d44cb3dd69e88406e6e25bd70bbe9d6/raw
  • Options
    As others have stated your secondary class gives Augments to your main class abilities instead of getting actual abilities from your secondary class.

I do hope we have a few, maybe just 2 or 3 unique skills for each combination that you can only get from mixing those classes, but that is still a lot of skills to make considering there are 64 class combinations.  It would give you reasons other then just Augments to go for a particular combination of classes and would make the combinations just a little more differentiated.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @GrimHarlequin
    But if the Secondary-Archetypes changes the Primary Abilities to where it FEELS different .. then i think that counts  :p

kinda

• Options
    @Eregale I agree.  And it is always a "wait and see" at this stage, but I would still like to see a small number of "singature" abilities for each of the 64 classes.
  • Options
    @Eregale I agree.  And it is always a "wait and see" at this stage, but I would still like to see a small number of "singature" abilities for each of the 64 classes.
    This. I was hoping each of the 64 classes would be a bit different and more unique after becoming your "actual" class. Not just modified versions of the skills you have been using the whole time playing through depending on your secondary class. 
  • Options
    This. I was hoping each of the 64 classes would be a bit different and more unique after becoming your "actual" class. Not just modified versions of the skills you have been using the whole time playing through depending on your secondary class. 
    I felt the same way, I really want more uniqneness and distinction between the combinations.  
    Not to mention the racial factor as well, which seems pretty much just limited to base stats.  But I've never played a mmorpg where the base stats meant anything in the higher levels.  

Though, I understand that sheer amount of potential combinations possible for 2 classes and a race are staggering to create uniqueness for, I can still hope.  
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I wished I could just make my own combo by having a third option or even forth option. Meaning race plus primary Archetype, plus secondary Archetype and then an independent third option to pick my own spells and abilities from a range of spells and abilities belonging to other Archetypes perhaps or not ... other than my primary and secondary.

I mean since game is played on different levels, that players decide the outcome sorta and that strategy matters, and that team/group that you play with also has somehwat effect at one point or another then why not have more options for a player to pick from to make up their chars!

a Developer's nightmare? Perhaps! but it would be interesting to see how people use their imagination to create their own version of chars with more possibilities and not less.

Meanwhile for my first choice I am going with a Paladin and build up from there... Of course as we learn more about the details of the game and details of the Archetype abilities we will know better as what chars we like best to play to aid in what we trying to achieve.

One thing is certain, if the game does what it says will do.. no matter what combo we pick it will be fun to play. So the FUN factor will always be there no matter what we start with..

• Options
    The secondary class is only an augment otherwise we would have 90% secondary rouges walking around with some sort of cold war going on since nobody would actually be able to attack...
  • Options
    You will be able to get augments from social organizations and tradeskilling.