Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Combo's

You've seen games that mix two attacks for a third effect. Usually it's the bad guys who get all the nifty stuff. Like having a bottle of flamable tar thrown at your feet clinging and slowing you down, then a fire arrow/spell hits and suddenly you're slowly trying to get out of a burning patch of ground.

I'm just throwing out the hope that our character's skills can pull off combinations.

Comments

• Multi-person combos confirmed a few months back. Nothing concrete on single person combo chains.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    Tera Online was a good example of ability follow up options and even multi player combos.
    Tera Online was a good example of active combat in mmorpgs with beautiful animations.

A1 AoC cant come fast enough
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I liked the heroic combo system in EQ2 to pull off group attacks, though it never really played out in a visually interesting way.  But the concept was good.  

GW2 did a better job with visual interactions, such has a elementalist laying down a fire wall and archers shooting arrows through it to add fire damage to their attack, etc.  

But in both of those cases, the general chaos of combat animations becomes a jumble and you rarely register when these things even happen.  

In my opinion, to make cooperative combos really shine, you'd need a combat system with a bit of a slower pace to it.  Otherwise all these cool combos just get lost in a sea of spammed skill attacks.  At least when it comes to full group play.   
    Solo play might be a different matter.