Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can I have buttons like shift-1

i have a mouse that has 12 buttons on the side I use 1-3 for disengage, talking, and invitory. And then use shift-1, shift-3, alt-5, alt-shift-2, and things like that.

Comments

• Options
    most games these days allow you to customise your keys and as ashes is being made on the Unreal 4 engine I would not see why it could not be done 
  • Options
    Did you just answer your own question? Or is this an attempt at stimulating a conversation about key-mapping variations?  
  • Options
    nagash said:
    most games these days allow you to customise your keys and as ashes is being made on the Unreal 4 engine I would not see why it could not be done 
    Tera let’s you do shift-1 for your keys but path of exsile they use shift to run so you cant
  • Options
    I have tried some mmorpgs the game Tera lets you use 1 and shift-1, and 5 and shift-5 but in path of exsile you can’t do that.

i was wondering if this game lets you use       shift-(button), alt-(buttons), and alt-shift-(button).
  • Options
    You will have to wait and see once you get into the game.
  • Options
    PowerPig said:
    nagash said:
    Tera let’s you do shift-1 for your keys but path of exsile they use shift to run so you cant
    What?

By default, shift in PoE forces you to stay in place and attack. Like virtually every other game in existence, you can rebind that to what ever you want though.

The only key that can't be rebound in PoE is Mouse 1, which is used for both moving to a location and using your first attack.

While you can't rebind this in-game, most multi-button mice come with macro software that allow you to rebind mouse 1.
  • Options
    I'd say we will be allowed to customize how we want our button layout, SWTOR for example did that :3
  • Options
    Noaani said:
    PowerPig said:
    nagash said:
    What?

By default, shift in PoE forces you to stay in place and attack. Like virtually every other game in existence, you can rebind that to what ever you want though.

The only key that can't be rebound in PoE is Mouse 1, which is used for both moving to a location and using your first attack.

While you can't rebind this in-game, most multi-button mice come with macro software that allow you to rebind mouse 1.
    I know but most games use shift to run and that makes them unable to do that.

also most games when I hold down shift it auto assumes it to shift so I can’t put shift-1 in it.
  • Options
    PowerPig said:
    Noaani said:
    PowerPig said:
    nagash said:
    What?

I know but most games use shift to run and that makes them unable to do that.

also most games when I hold down shift it auto assumes it to shift so I can’t put shift-1 in it.
    Some games won't allow shift to be used as a part of a key combination in the same way alt and ctrl can be, that is true.

However, all key mapping software does.

If you need more options than alt + X and ctrl + X, then remap the keys out of the game.