Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weapons and armor sets

Hey guys. So have noticed that in a lot of mmos in general there is a lot of different weapons and armor pieces to the point where some of it becomes loot trash. I remember in old game Lineage 2 there was not so many weapons and armor sets, but everyone knew it by just seeing the name or appearance of it even a low grade items. Drop ratess where really low and if you get lucky to get it from drop of some common mop that used to be a big deal. Know I came to notice that no one knows weapons from simly its name or appearance with exception of really rare and legendary items. Would it not be cool that weapons and armor pieces would be harder to get? For axample only crafting or harder mobs witch require some work and party? What you guys think? 

Comments

• Options

When I think about this topic, I always think back to Vanilla Wow. Back then epic items actually were epic! You had to put hard work into getting good items. No instant travel to dungeons and getting put into a group, then rares and epics dropping from all the bosses. I want them to bring back the feeling of actual achievement, even attaining just one epic item. Then when you see players with full epic items you would be in awe of that character.

I would love it if there wasn’t a database players could access to see where to find items either. I think that would help promote more exploration and mystery surrounding items players have never seen before.  

• Options
    I always felt L2 went super cheap with the very limited gear selection at end game. Yeah you can tell what they are wearing, bc there is only 1 option. I'd prefer as many options as possible, more akin to D3, only with static stats to remove the rng. However that takes continuous investment to keep making new skins and balanced gear for an evolving game, but it's what I'd prefer.

I'd approach balancing by giving gear very small numbers, skill and level should be more impactful than gear in combat. I'd be pissed off if I got beat by someone who's only advantage was better gear, with giant stats that completly offset skill or level.

As far as a database goes, it will be made and maintained by players if IS doesnt do it. They likely wont bc, why, if others will do it for free anyways?
  • Options
    I prefer a large amount of different sets, making a small amount might be more satsifying once you get it but at the same time kills of variety :3
  • Options
    Yes of courses variety is really good feature. To have a choice. But still I prefer if it would be more difficult to get it. Becouse as I said sometimes it feels as trash loot and only in end game you get that satisfaction of getting it, through hard work and time spend
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    I never really like glamour, transmog, or other various systems. It really takes away from the "I scavenged up this gear" and the "I have this full set and its the best and everything matches"

I think pride and making a name for yourselves through actions and gear are important. I am sure we all remember, as noobs, going to a hub for the first time and seeing a high level with a crazy item set on and just being so amazed by them.

This can still be achieved though with rare skins, so long as a lot of the skins are not from a store etc.
  • Options
    Give me everything. that is all 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Well an army of the dead needs some diversity ;3
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I wonder if we can equip our summons with armour and weapons?  this may be an interesting topic to bring up next live stream
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    I wonder if we can equip our summons with armour and weapons?  this may be an interesting topic to bring up next live stream
    Maybe for the more personal summons, you wouldnt want to try and equip some random fodder with top grade equipment.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Maybe for the more personal summons, you wouldnt want to try and equip some random fodder with top grade equipment.
    Very true. Still what it you have a base minion and what you equip it with changes it's role. What I'm saying is I want a build a minion workshop ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    I don't know if you played original EQ, but not only could you give weapons to summoned "pets" but other group members could give them to your pets too!

In my young naive EQ days, I often irked the summoners by giving their pets crap weapons that they were better off not having, hah! 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Very true. Still what it you have a base minion and what you equip it with changes it's role. What I'm saying is I want a build a minion workshop ^^
    Now that would be pretty good, though maybe the new roles only unlock depending on your level, it would be strange that you can summon a multi-purpose summon who fits the role of some fantasy protagonist.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Now that would be pretty good, though maybe the new roles only unlock depending on your level, it would be strange that you can summon a multi-purpose summon who fits the role of some fantasy protagonist.
    agreed. I could have some with swords and shields and some with spears and greatswords.