Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Couple of node questions

Just a couple of questions in relation to nodes.

1) Has it been stated how long an election cycle will be for each node? Does an election cycle vary for different node types?

2) Does a players account (and all his characters) become a citizen of a node, or can a player have have multiples characters who are citizens of multiple different nodes and node-types?

Comments

• Spy!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    1. I believe right now it's one month
    2. Can't find anything on this. I want to say your characters can be citizens of different nodes but you the land and real estate you can own is limited by account. Unknown and Jahlon clarified this.
  • If you are in different nodes then you can spy.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    yep, I think that's the idea.

I'm more worried about a scenario where it's harder for players to get citizenship to nodes because alts are taking up slots. I think i'd prefer citizenship being locked to account but believe i heard it isn't.
  • We do not have a solid answer on the election cycle.  It is one of those things that will be tested during Alpha and Beta.

All of your characters on a server are all citizens of the same node.   You do not need to have citizenship to spy, although this certainly will make it a bit harder.   

All of your characters on a server share access to the same housing.  You can have 1 house and 1 apartment per server and 1 freehold per ACCOUNT.

• Thanks for the answers guys! :)
  • Not much is known on this whole thing but I'd say we can have different citizenship in nodes however your freehold is limited to 1 per account.
  • Not much is known on this whole thing but I'd say we can have different citizenship in nodes however your freehold is limited to 1 per account.
    Nope, they have clarified this. All toons on a single server must be citizens of the same node. You can have different toons on different servers, say 3 different NA for example, that could have different citizenship. But those on a single server, all the same. And yes, freehold is 1 per account, not server. Might have something to do with their banking and warehousing system, just no concrete information as to the why, just that as of right now it is so. And housing is required for citizenship declaration right now. They may change it during testing they said, but as of right now, no domicile, no citizen.
    Nope, they have clarified this. All toons on a single server must be citizens of the same node. You can have different toons on different servers, say 3 different NA for example, that could have different citizenship. But those on a single server, all the same. And yes, freehold is 1 per account, not server. Might have something to do with their banking and warehousing system, just no concrete information as to the why, just that as of right now it is so. And housing is required for citizenship declaration right now. They may change it during testing they said, but as of right now, no domicile, no citizen.
    Oh thanks for clearing that up :3 I suppose this prevents players from 'infiltrating' other nodes without removing all the current characters from a particular node :/