Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freehold and protecting it.

Would it be possible for those that purchase a freehold property to be able to build or grow items on their property that would help in its defense.  Some examples of this would be growing thorny bushes around the perimeter that cause a damage, perhaps even other plants that could produce some other affect like confusion if they are trampled upon.  Another example would be a trench that you fill with wood you harvest and oil, if you set it on fire then for a period of time your perimeter has a fire obstacle that would cause damage to those who wish to do you harm.  I'm sure there would or could be dozens of other similar possible additions that could be done through the characters efforts to make their home more defensible from marauding monsters or bandits. 

Comments

• Options
    I've heard discussion of being able to hire NPC defenders but I haven't heard of anything like this.  I like it though.
  • Options
    If you get a thorny bush that can stop a storm of fire then please do tell me where I can find it :3
  • Options
    So you want plants vs zombies ^^
  • Options
    Sounds cool, even plant a huge whomping willow tree to whip n slap intruders.. I really hope this game ends up with an immense amount of detail and indepthness that takes months to get used to, with more n more content being added as we go.
  • Options
    Didn't they try a Plants vs. Zombies: The MMO?
  • Options
    I could see this, however, I'm not sure how many people would do this.

Your freehold is only lootable IF the siege against your node is successful.

I'd rather invest my resources into defending the node and then bypass my freehold being attacked all together.   
  • Options
    My thoughts were not regarding other players but when there are monsters or mobs released from node events.  Just thinking outside the box.😃
  • Options
    Maybe it will be a thing but remember that your freehold space is limited. If you are committing to defense you are probably giving space up for something else. Hiring NPC is prob more effiecient
  • Options
    How will people know to attack my freehold? If I buy August's Ren'Kai house with the meat outside and my node is Elf vegetarians people will think I'm not part of it.
  • Options
    Zone of influence would be my guess.
    They will be able to attack, and thus attack, or not be able to attack and should move back closer to the City that fell.