Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Even more questions

I forgot to put these in the previous post but I have some more questions.

The first one being how will death work. Will there be a stage if I am in a group that I will first be knocked out so my team mates can pick me up or will I just die. And will there be a spell that can revive other people. And if I die will I lose all of my stuff or some stuff or nothing at all. And will it change from PvP to PvE what penalties I will get from dying?

The second question is how it will be to LV up your character. Will it be a classic system where you need more and more EXP to LV up or will you need to do stuff or have some special item. And how will progress feel, will I get a new spell or upgrade it every LV or will it be that some LVs are just empty, nothing else than boosting your stats. And what will the Max LV be or will there be one?

The third one being how many spells will there be and how many specific spells there will be depending on what class you are and how many new spells there will be after you select your "second" class to your main one?

The fourth one being will your race matter when it comes to different biomes and time of day. Like will for example say that one race have a little buff in the dark but a little debuff during the day?

The last question is being what do you think AoC lack or should improve on, anything from character customization to PvX? I am just wondering so I know what I should expect from different areas of the game and see if they are a too big of a turn off or stuff that wont matter so much or ruin the whole experience. And yet again thanks to the people that give me answer(s) to the questions I ask.

Comments

• Options
    1. Death will have respawn locations. There may be certain class abilities that will allow you to resurrect teammates, no details so far. Depending on whether you are in the open world, in a open world dungeon, a pker, in an instance and other conditions will determine where you respawn if not raised by a group member. If you die in pvp you may lose a percentage of gathered materials depending on your flagging state at the time of death. You may lose or drop items if your level of corruption is high enough through earlier pk actions. Once again, please reference "Corruption" in the wikis.

2. There will be classic vertical leveling through exp and horizontal leveling through quests and completion mechanics. They have said they would like the power scope and creep to feel valuable and are aware of the mid-levelling plateau that many games experience. Max level has been hinted to be 50, but has not been confirmed. Just used as an example in some discussions.

3. The information, which is subject to change, is that you will have around 30-40 active skills that you may choose to assign points to. You will select 8-10 active abilities from those to put on your action bar. You will choose between a mix of action and tab targetted abilities. You will be able to decide which style you want to focus on, either action, tab, or a mix of both. Those come from the primary archetype and other social organizations, racials, and some specials found in the world. Your secondary class, gained around mid-range of your primary level, will augment the primary archetypes abilities. Once again, more information in the wikis.

4. Racial choice is meant to have depth and meaning. Almost nothing is known currently how those perks will affect gameplay, and if there are drawbacks at all.

And finally, please remember the game is in a pre-alpha state currently, and many things WILL change before launch, so something you like may go away, and things you don't like may change for the better. The core philosophies will not. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the answers. So if I have understood it correct, every time someone kill someone without them fighting back you get corruption. The higher corruption the more debuffs you get. And one thing I didn't understand on the wiki about combat and corruption was if the higher corruption you have the more % of their loot/inventory you get from each kill or if it was that if you die you lose more %. Which one is it, do I get more or lose more the higher corruption.
  • Options
    You lose more being corrupted.  If you are a Green who was killed you also lose more than if Purple and fought back.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help @UnknownSystemError and @T-Elf
  • Options
    The higher your corruption value, the greater the chance that you will drop item or items upon death, the greater your stat reduction, and the greater your exp debt on death. Your corruption value has no bearing on the amount of loot you get from others, just the amount you may drop. Also remember, everything beyond currency has weight, so you and others will not be running around with 1000s of resources on you that can be looted upon either kind of death. It is most likely a token amount. <Speculation> Green dies 40% gatherables, Purple dies 20% gatherables, Red dies 80-100% gatherables and possible item drop destroyed at high levels of corruption.<Speculation ended>
  • Options
    Do you lose EXP on death? and if so does it happen in PvP and PvE?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Sebas said:
    Do you lose EXP on death? and if so does it happen in PvP and PvE?
    You gain an exp debt that weakens you but you can't de-level from it. From what we know it happens in both but in pvp the amount of debt you gain varies depend on the pvp state you are in. Green players suffer the full penalty, purple players suffer half the penalty, and red players suffer 3 to 4 times the penalty.
  • Options
    okay, thanks for the help.