Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Confusion in a large PvP battle

If you are about to engage in a large PvP team battle or a guild vs. guild battle and the heat of combat is on, how will you tell who is your enemy and who is your friend? Lets presume they recruited you in the last minute and the battle started really quick so you didn't memerize the names of your party to distinguish who's on your side or not. In Neverwinter Nights they have a dmfi tool that sets the enemy PCs as "hostile" and hovering the mouse over their character turns the cursor to "attack" whereas hovering the mouse over your own team members the cursor is an arrow "non-hostile". I know there is not a type of widget like this in today's MMOs, so what if you accidentally attack your own team mate because the battle got really intense and confusing?

Comments

• I know you can't attack a group member, raid member, guild member, or alliance member.  So you should be ok with targeting the enemy.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    T-Elf said:
    I know you can't attack a group member, raid member, guild member, or alliance member.  So you should be ok with targeting the enemy.
    Well that makes it fun and interesting, after felling an enemy look around for others you could attack, pretty riveting. Thanks.
  • Kill whoever is in front of you. Once you reach the end. Turn around and repeat till you either win or lose. Problem solved
  • Good question for the livestream, whether those in your own raid/alliance/guild etc show up with a different color other than green, purple or red. I assume they would show as black or some other color.

• In the PvP vids the enemy name tags are colored red and your own team is green.
    http://www.aocwiki.net/PvP
  • Kill whoever is in front of you. Once you reach the end. Turn around and repeat till you either win or lose. Problem solved
    Finally someone gets me ^^