Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fish Farms

I understand that we will have fishing, rod/reel/bait.  I also read that we could have fishing boats.  All well and good, however I have another idea.  It has talked about that if you have a Freehold near a stream you could see some level of benefit from it as it related to you Freehold.  Would it be possible to incorporate have a fish farm as par of your Freehold.  Potentially you could go out in the wilds, catch certain fish (based on your fishing level), bring them back and put them in your fish farm. After a set amount of time (again based on your fishing level) you get a "crop" of fish at your farm to harvest.  Food for thought as they say. ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a fun idea.
  • Options
    I kind of want a koi pond in my freehold
  • Options
    I want a beaver in my pond.
  • Options
    I want a Tetraodontidae type fish farm.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I want a beaver in my pond.
    that a whole different game ^^
  • Options
    Lex1961 said:
    I understand that we will have fishing, rod/reel/bait.  I also read that we could have fishing boats.  All well and good, however I have another idea.  It has talked about that if you have a Freehold near a stream you could see some level of benefit from it as it related to you Freehold.  Would it be possible to incorporate have a fish farm as par of your Freehold.  Potentially you could go out in the wilds, catch certain fish (based on your fishing level), bring them back and put them in your fish farm. After a set amount of time (again based on your fishing level) you get a "crop" of fish at your farm to harvest.  Food for thought as they say. ;-)
    They have spoken of resource extractors and this would seem like an ideal candidate!

Nice name by the way :)
  • Options
    I like the idea of a fish farm.

Maybe restricted to freeholds near rivers, streams, lakes (freshwater) or the ocean (saltwater) assuming the ocean is saltwater.   
  • Options
    Skyrim did this with Hearthfire I think, at least they did with Mods. A fish farm would be awesome. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Sounds like a fun idea.  I hope we can have a crawfish farm; just needs shallow water.
    Would love to host a crawfish boil. :p
  • Options
    I like the idea of any passive gathering function. If it's skill based even better. Things come up and being unable to play for a couple days to a week means falling behind in games like these sometimes. :(

I'm more excited to see what options will be presented on mobile to access/manage these types of things!
  • Options
    Would be cool to have treasure maps like the did in UO. Jump on your boat, find the location, fight a huge monster spawn(s) and get awesome loot. But one can only dream
  • Options
    Then I want a huge kraken fight :3 
  • Options
    Smoked salmon will be an awesome raid food...just sayin
  • Options
    Love this idea! Maybe you would even receive a portion of the experience if someone fishes in your pond!
  • Options
    Definitely an awesome idea! Who knows if they could get that in before release but for sure a good part of an expansion later down the line. 
  • Options
    For those of you who didnt know or were too lazy to look it up a tetraodontidae is a Puffer fish
  • Options
    I'd be down for having a fish hatchery.. :)