Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Two-boxing to remove corruption

I have heard several times that if a toon kills a non-combatant in certain areas that toon will gain corruption which weakens fighting ability and might break gear.  Corruption is reduced by death and I guess by ritual.

My question is, will a player be able to use two-boxing to kill his own toon over and over to remove that corruption?  I have heard that two-boxing will be allowed.  In a different game I have seen people engaged in two-boxing to kill their own toons or was told that is what was happening.  I have no idea why people were doing it.

I hope AoC will not allow removal of corruption if a toon dies at the hand of an alt, at the hand of a toon from an account supported by the same debit or credit card (a friend or relative's account), or at the hand of a guild-mate.

Comments

• Options
    How in gods name are they going to know that the account is owned by a friend or relative?

And they don't need to be 'two-boxing' for it.  Discord exists.  Guilds exist.  No doubt they can easily find somebody to go to the trouble of killing them to remove corruption.

But some things can remain.....a Bounty would probably still exist on the toon, meaning it can still be killed corruption free.  Perhaps a stat or exp loss.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I just said if the account is supported by the same debit or credit card.  Why is that so unfathomable for a business to know?

I also mentioned guild-mates.
  • Options
    I just read a Wiki article about corruption.  In the player death section about removing corruption a note is present indicating death by drowning is possible.

Surely this does not mean corruption can be removed by drowning.  If corruption can be removed by drowning then there really is no penalty to grieving other players.  You could kill anyone you wanted as often as you wanted, then simply drown yourself later to remove the corruption.
  • Options
    I hope there can be only one client active at all times.
    Duo boxing results in one character leveling a bunch of afk people. Soon you will have a game in which the 1/3 of the population is active and the rest afk boxes leaching xp like in Line][Age.

• Options
    Duo boxing results in one character leveling a bunch of afk people. Soon you will have a game in which the 1/3 of the population is active and the rest afk boxes leaching xp like in Line][Age.

Steven has already stated that if someone wants to pay $15 for a second account they are more then welcome to. 
  • Options
    So, when you die while corrupted your avatar spawns "randomly" anywhere in Verra.
    Since there is no fast travel, I am not sure two-boxing will be the best route of removing corruption from yourself.

If guild mates, friends, family, and what not are close enough to kill you the first time then fair play. The second and third time seem less likely unless a guild or friends group is spread out all over which is generally not the case.

Since a corrupted player flags red, has reduced stats, can be killed by a green, and drops loot it seems unlikely that only friends, family, and guild mates would be the ones killing corrupted players.

In the end, I hope the Alpha/Beta test phases flush this out.
    Disclaimer: I like the system as is currently stated.

As for 'other' deaths;
    -Environmental deaths don't decrease corruption
    -Mob deaths don't decrease corruption

Hopefully this helps and welcome to the community! :smile:
  • Options
    The game will probably limit the number of times one character can kill another with full results.

Z
  • Options
    These are not the sort of things you need to worry about.

Removing the corruption isn't the important part of the corruption system, the x3-x4 negative XP they acquire is the more punitive part (which honestly is well balanced and will stop random ganking)

• Options
    Thanks for the replies, especially Azathoth.  I did not know you will spawn to a random location when you die.  That is a neat idea and seems to raise a number of strategic questions about combat in general.

I should mention that the wiki I read earlier seems to indicate that guild-mates will not be able to fight each other.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the replies, especially Azathoth.  I did not know you will spawn to a random location when you die.  That is a neat idea and seems to raise a number of strategic questions about combat in general.

I should mention that the wiki I read earlier seems to indicate that guild-mates will not be able to fight each other.
    You only respawn in a random location if you die while corrupted. Those that die while in a non-corrupted state respawn at the nearest spawn point. What is interesting is they have not clarified if that is random in the particular node, or random in the world. Would be hilarious if someone who has been pking ends up on the opposite side of the map. Long walk of shame back to regular area of influence.

There are 4 relationships that will stop you being able to force flag on someone.

• Options
    Well before they get to where their corrupted character is it might already be killed, the random respawn might place you somewhere with normal players, but other than that it's not worth getting the corruption in the first place.
  • Options
    The whole PvP system in this game needs to be scrubbed. It's by far the worst PvP concept I've ever heard of. It's going to be cancer. Shame, this game has so much potential.
  • Options
    Sintu said:

Steven has already stated that if someone wants to pay $15 for a second account they are more then welcome to. 
    Meaning 2 clients active at the same time?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Someone can go digging for the livestream quote, but I believe they qualified it as a separate machine. So you could run two or more accounts, you would just need different machines for each one. I'm sure there is a way for them to detect if two different account packets are coming from the same machine and block that if they wanted. We have a plethora of computer and internet experts that populate these forums that could go into the details I am sure. So you are sitting at one machine playing and your significant other is sitting at another machine playing on their account, no way for them to know if it is you running both accounts, unless of course you are using some sort of macro/follow/emulator software that their background software checks pick up and flag you for. Since gathering/harvesting is not going to be in fixed spawn locations, and the dreaded QTE is most likely going to be present to succeed at those actions, those that try to automate different processes are in for an interesting time. What you most likely will not see is the ability to hit "K" on a single account and every other slaved account register as hitting "K"

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Sintu said:

Meaning 2 clients active at the same time?
    Yes. He has stated it is fine to own and use multiple accounts. He said it will be extremely difficult to run two at the same time but it is allowed if both accounts are paying the subscription. 

As USE said no macros or help will be allowed to do this and it may indeed need to be two different machines to run at the same time but not sure if the dual machines was commented on by Steven. I just know he gave the thumbs up on dual boxing early on. 
  • Options
    Stabby said:
    The whole PvP system in this game needs to be scrubbed. It's by far the worst PvP concept I've ever heard of. It's going to be cancer. Shame, this game has so much potential.
    Could you maybe provide some details?   Or is this just a random "I don't like it" complaint with no basis?
  • Options
    Someone can go digging for the livestream quote, but I believe they qualified it as a separate machine. So you could run two or more accounts, you would just need different machines for each one. I'm sure there is a way for them to detect if two different account packets are coming from the same machine and block that if they wanted. We have a plethora of computer and internet experts that populate these forums that could go into the details I am sure. So you are sitting at one machine playing and your significant other is sitting at another machine playing on their account, no way for them to know if it is you running both accounts, unless of course you are using some sort of macro/follow/emulator software that their background software checks pick up and flag you for. Since gathering/harvesting is not going to be in fixed spawn locations, and the dreaded QTE is most likely going to be present to succeed at those actions, those that try to automate different processes are in for an interesting time. What you most likely will not see is the ability to hit "K" on a single account and every other slaved account register as hitting "K"

They can try to make it 2 machines, but it never works.