Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Auction and Cosmetics

I was wondering will it be possible to auction off any cosmetics we buy before we equip them or will they be account bound the moment we pay for them ? I honestly think we shouldn't be allowed to sell them off but maybe a limited option (something like once a week) where we can buy an item from the shop as a 'gift' that we can give to somebody might be nice.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Cosmetic and account items are account bound and may not be sold or gifted. They have been clear on this point several times.

And while it "might be nice." people will use it to RMT. ESO just recently started allowing gifting of crown store items, and the minute the servers came up after the update there was spam of "Will gift others items for gold." and more of a grey market of people whispering that "If you send me $5 I will gift you $20 worth of store items."
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    If they were in any way tradable or giftable it would undoubtedly be abused and it would just undermine the game economy from the outset.

Even if it's once a week, that's 4 times a month the guy can 'gift' a $20 cosmetic to other players so that's $80 a month on a game that's $15 sub fee so that's effectively $65 worth of gold he can purchase each month.

Now picture someone with 3 or 4 accounts doing the same thing and it becomes even more apparent that it's not really worth the risk to the integrity of the game.
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up guys, I was thinking that it might be abused so I was kind of worried about it :3
  • Options
    Nope, they've been on top of that P2W avenue since the word go.