Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When is Persistent Play?

I KNOW it's here somewhere but I've looked and read different answers. So, I apologize if this is redundant.

I want to buy-in so I can play as soon as it's up 24/7 so I guess I have 2 Q's. First, what package should I buy and second, when is that going to be?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Its not here anywhere actually. My guess is Q4 2019 or Q1 2020 Unless you're talking about Persistent Alpha/Beta that will eventually be wiped before release....I think that is Alpha 2 which will probably be late Q4 2018 or Q1 2019

I recommend purchasing the $500 package to get you into Alpha 1 which should start October-ish this year. 
  • Options
    The first build that they intend to have a fully persistent world is during Alpha 2, unfortunately there is no date set for when this is going to land.

During Alpha 1 Phase 1 (which is launching in a few weeks) there will be several weeks of stress testing after which they aim to have the servers up constantly.

Alpha 1 Phase 1 and Alpha 1 Phase 2 will both come before Alpha 2 with Alpha 1 Phase 1 dropping in the next few weeks and Alpha 1 Phase 2 dropping in Q2 2019.

With full launch scheduled for 'before 2020' it stands to reason that Alpha 2 will drop after Q2 2019 when Alpha 1 Phase 2 drops but will have to leave room for Beta 0, Beta 1 and Beta 2 stages during 2019 so we'll most likely see it mid to late 2019 as long as there are no major changes to the schedule.

That being said, the game is still in development and target dates may well change if they hit any unexpected roadblocks that prevent them from moving forward as is very common.
  • Options
    Alpha 2 servers will be persistent and they will be turned into test servers at release. (Release Schedule)

So far we know from Alpha 1 Phase 2 (that's not Alpha 2!) starting somewhere near the beginning of Q2 2019. Meaning Alpha 2 wouldn't be able to take place any sooner than this. Of course it's a long time till then and things may change.

However access to Alpha 2 is gained through the Voyager Pack.
  • Options
    Check out the AoC Wiki page as well. It details all the information we know about each of the phases so far. 
  • Options
    Hope this helps a bit http://www.aocwiki.net/Release_Phases
  • Options
    Ok, so "founder" for $150 will let me play (most likely) later in 2018... 

I think that's it. (and I realize there can be bugs, wipes, etc..

Thanks!

Z
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Znick said:

Thanks!

Z
    The Founder package comes with an invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 2 (Persistent Alpha) which is scheduled for after Q2 2019, so somewhere after April to June next year (which is when Alpha 1 Phase 2 should drop).

Unfortunately there's no date announced for it yet.

Edit: Oops, I put the wrong date in!
  • Options
    Rosco said:
    Znick said:

Thanks!

Z
    The Founder package comes with an invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 2 (Persistent Alpha) which is scheduled for after Q2 2019, so somewhere after April to June next year (which is when Alpha 1 Phase 2 should drop).

Unfortunately there's no date announced for it yet.

Edit: Oops, I put the wrong date in!

Not Quite

Back in Kickstarter it was Alpha Phase 1, Alpha Phase 2, etc.

Post Kickstarter it was Alpha - 1, Alpha - 2

Since Pax East it has turned into  Alpha 1 - Phase 1 , Alpha 1 - Phase 2.

People with access to Alpha Phase 2 (from Kickstarter) have access to Alpha 2.

What is scheduled for Q2 2019 at present is Alpha 1 - Phase 2.

• Options
    Just to clarify, persistent play will be in alpha 2, scheduled for 2018/2019. You can find the link here
  • Options
    Darksaber said:
    Just to clarify, persistent play will be in alpha 2, scheduled for 2018/2019. You can find the link here
    Not sure how accurate that website is at this point.  I would go with what @Jahlon said because Steven just gave out that information last week.
  • Options
    As it stands persistent play will now be in 2019.

Alpha 2 brings in the persistent testing (the servers being up, not that there won't be data wipes).