Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Does this game will have country restrictions?

Hello
I'm really wait this game and need know if this game be blocked by countries or not ?
Just don't want waste my time if I know that game will have country restriction. I wait Black Desert about 2 year and one day like thunder from sunny sky I get message sorry but your country is restriction to our service.
Sorry that I miss create topic in correct forum tab :/

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I don't think this is something that has been discussed by the developers and I think you'd be better contacting them directly for this sort of information.

I can't see there being any restrictions but then again there are some strange laws around the world that mean certain goods have to have (or not have) certain things before they can be sold in certain countries but only they'll have that information.

They have a form on their main page that you can fill out by clicking the 'Support' button at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
  • Options
    Right now we dont know anything about that, just like @Rosco said it's best that you contact the devs directly :3
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Well I live in Lithuania (Europe) that also is European Union member. I don't see any reasons that technically or politically could limit to access this game. Just for some really mysterious reasons sometime some game cannot be access in my country like Black Desert.
  • Options
    MinR said:
    Well I live in Lithuania (Europe) that also is European Union member. I don't see any reasons that technically or politically could limit to access this game. Just for some really mysterious reasons sometime some game cannot be access in my country like Black Desert.

You shouldn't have any issues then.

The problem with Black Desert Online was that the company publishing it for the Western market, Daum, didn't have the rights to the game in many countries because other publishers had already bought the rights to it.

GameNet that holds the rights for Russia also hold the rights for some of the nearby countries like Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, etc. too which is why the game is currently unavailable in those countries.

Since Intrepid Studios currently holds all the rights to Ashes of Creation there should be no issues for you accessing the game from Lithuania.
  • Options
    At this current time Intrepid has stated there will be no Regional IP Blocks.
    Of course this can change if they decide otherwise.
  • Options
    This was asked directly to them and here are the answers we got so far: will this game be IP blocked? https://youtu.be/hIVnt8SDdrY?t=22m5s

They basically said they don't plan on blocking it anywhere. But at the same time didn't guarantee you will be able to play it world wide