secure the website

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2018 in Forum and Discord Help
So I know this is an issue that people bring up daily, but I feel like its something we should always keep as something in the forefront of the minds of someone in Intrepid Studios.

We need a more secure website. As it stands I hear this every day in Voice Chat within the discord, and in the community/ashes discussion sections. 

It is a serious concern of many of the Intrepid Customers. Potentially a Authentication, Potentially something just a bit better to make your customers feel secure and safe.

I love this game, but the first thing people see is the website. Please take this plea to do a security update/ ability to lock in our information with a secondary securing method i.e. e-mail, text, something. 

Comments

• I also presented this question in this months livestream Q&A. I'd like to see some sort of MFA in both the website and game. They don't necessarily need to be tied to the same system, just something!
  • I also presented this question in this months livestream Q&A. I'd like to see some sort of MFA in both the website and game. They don't necessarily need to be tied to the same system, just something!
    This has been a long standing question I know for many parties. I've had people say they directly posed this question to Steven Multiple streams in the past, and in DMs with the staff at Intrepid. Its just a real worry i think when there are millions of dollars of investment sitting with little security. 

I appreciate your input, and I will be eagerly looking for this in the stream today. 
  • Discord currently supports two factor authentication. This can be enabled as follows: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/219576828-Setting-up-Two-Factor-Authentication

Intrepid are evolving other systems toward two factor authentication. Steven stated the following in a recent interview:

Will there be 2 factor authentication?

Yes, there will be 2 factor authentication.
    There will be token-based two-factor authentication.
    I think we gonna have that in place for alpha 1 I believe actually.

• Discord currently supports two factor authentication. This can be enabled as follows: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/219576828-Setting-up-Two-Factor-Authentication

Intrepid are evolving other systems toward two factor authentication. Steven stated the following in a recent interview:

Will there be 2 factor authentication?

Yes, there will be 2 factor authentication.
    There will be token-based two-factor authentication.
    I think we gonna have that in place for alpha 1 I believe actually.

This is a older post but yep lex. They said by October the website would have 2 factor and potentially even a toggle by launch.
This discussion has been closed.