Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Mail.ru and My.com opinion

This is the time that Steven will know who actually is going to be faithful to his game, those who play the game because it's a good game? Or those who were waiting for an excuse to leave the game. And yes, if you've invested into this game is because you trust it and now it changed because they chose a publisher that you don't like? Did it take you this fast to turn your back on it? So the true colors of people are coming out now.. Who knows those publishers might of changed their ways and more trustworthy now!

Also, in general gamers don't care about the business side of games, instead they play because of what it represents. Everyone who bought into the hype and invested in this game was precisely because Steven has been very transparent about the game and it's popularity. It's the community that makes the game successful and make changes. But suddenly, when people find out about the publishers they just decide to leave?? That just doesn't make sense to me. I mean is it really going to change your life? Any thoughts?

Comments

• My thoughts at this point are that the topic has been discussed to death and it is getting exhaustive. There are multiple threads on this issue already and @GMSteven has enough examples of why people are so concerned.

The deal is done and it is what it is. Maybe this will be different with Intrepid holding the leash on Ashes but one thing is for sure. There's nothing we can do about it now until launch/post-launch confirms the concerns have materialised or that my.com surprises many by turning things around.  

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    T-Elf said:
    Great... guess we recieved the "Told you so" card again :pensive:

At least i dont have my old cards anymore as i used my last ones at my.com's other releases and Bless Online :D

• This thread is either completely tone deaf or just a fan boy's middle finger at the community because he feels threatened.

Blind loyalty is not a trait that should be revered. 

Personally, I've been burned in the past by turning a blind eye to concerns and flying my fanboy flag, so rather than ignore them as "disloyal" Id like to hear what they have to say, compare it to what Intrepid says, and make up my own mind.
    edited August 2018
    While I'm NA and therefore not affected by the publishing deal over in EU

I agree with alot of the communities rights over voicing their concern as my.com HAS alot of PROVEN horrible customer service, data breaches, Unauthorized real money transactions charged, and unanswered service tickets. One google search provided plenty of information and reviews from thousands of (former) customers and almost all are identical

Its not Intrepid people are worried about. Steven and his team have PROVEN they are legit and skilled.

The problem is the VERY shady company they have chosen to use as a housing compound for EU players.

We in NA won't have to worry about that, but still we are ALL AoC members and should look out for each other and voice our concerns about the direction of the game.
  • All that is left is to trust that Steven would not fuck over his own game and he knows what he's doing, but the fact that my.com have a horrendous reputation in terms of security/customer service is a fact and that is why people are worried, imagine being a backer like myself and the game is published by a company who has a history of 'losing' accounts. I am really putting my faith in Intrepid, let's hope for the best.
  • Karthos said:
    This thread is either completely tone deaf or just a fan boy's middle finger at the community because he feels threatened.

Blind loyalty is not a trait that should be revered. 

Sorry but I"m not "tone deaf , or blindly loyal" and yes I read and researched all the pro's and con's . By being it cheaper, Steven is taking a gamble to go with it. Hope for the best. Generally hacking happens regardless, it's what Steven is going to do about it is what's important.

It doesn't mean I'm going to overreact and quit the game at all costs. That's my point of this thread.

edited August 2018
    Valerian said:
    " This is the time that Steven will know who actually is going to be faithful to his game, those who play the game because it's a good game? Or those who were waiting for an excuse to leave the game. ... Did it take you this fast to turn your back on it? So the true colors of people are coming out now..  "
    Get real . Either you never played Allods, Revelation or any of the Games My.Com published  ... or you're one of those Whales trying to convince the " casuals " to be okay with this via reverse-psychology. 

The players who are pissed-off have a legitimate reason to be pissed-off ... just like the controversy of the Lifetime Subscription being offered in SummerCrowd Funding 
    Its was widely known that Intrepid had originally planned to publish the Game themselves in all Regions.

It comes off as Shady but ... Steven gave an understandable reason why
    • His intention is to have a Global Launch all at once
    • EU Legals issues is very time-consuming & (likely) costly
    • Steven still has Full Control of Ashes of Creation - which, apparently includes the Cash Shop & and any/all other means of money-making
    • Steven made it very clear to My.Com that he does not want P2W ... although thats explictedly what My.Com does to its games + the sh!t tier security + terrible Customer Service + not caring for its Community ...and likely others that i missed
    My beef is ... THERE'S NOTHIN WRONG WITH WAITING ... i mean ... look at Pantheon. You know what they say,

" The one who is Patient Triumphs
    • How much time will be needed for them to Self-Publish for EU ? I suppose thats the Question
  • In a P2W Game,
    " Casuals " = those who have not spent much money in the Cash Shop
    " HardCore " = those who have spent Thousands & thousands of Dollars in order to be competitive 

i.e.(very) similar to this 

• Eragale said:
    Valerian said:
    " This is the time that Steven will know who actually is going to be faithful to his game, those who play the game because it's a good game? Or those who were waiting for an excuse to leave the game. ... Did it take you this fast to turn your back on it? So the true colors of people are coming out now..  "
    Get real . Either you never played Allods, Revelation or any of the Games My.Com published  ... or you're onw of those Whales trying convince the " casuals " to be okay with this via reverse-psychology. 

The players who are pissed-off have a legitimate reason to be pissed-off ... just like the controversy of the Lifetime Subscription being offered in SummerCrowd Funding 
    Its was widely known that Intrepid had originally planned to publish the Game themselves in all Regions.

It comes off as Shady but ... Steven gave an understandable reason why
    • His intention is to have a Global Launch all at once
    • EU Legals issues is very time-consuming & (likely) costly
    • Steven still has Full Control of Ashes of Creation - which, apparently includes the Cash Shop & and any/all other means of money-making
    • Steven made it very clear to My.Com that he does not want P2W ... although thats explictedly what My.Com does to its games + the sh!t tier security + terrible Customer Service + not caring for its Community ...and likely others that i missed
    My beef is ... tTHERE'S NOTHIN WRONG WITH WAITING ... i mean ... look at Pantheon. You what they say,

SOOoooo, your saying your quitting the game but your actually not? I'm going to go with your willing to give it at least a chance since your still posting in here. And that's what I'm conveying with this thread, lets WAIT and see once the game is out how it turns out. Yup Im real. alright. :) 
  • @Valerian If you would like to know something of me ... then you ask me . This way, they'll be no need to assume, eh ? You legit, dodged/ overlooked everything i just said

Regardless, i'm not in EU, but it doesn't change that EU players might not play at all
    That will affect sub-count 

Lower Sub-count = higher chances of going F2P with " sudden changes " to the cash shop ... in all regions. 

So this indirectly affects the entire playerbase ... regardless if you're a whale or not ...