Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Examples of My.com being a dumpster company

So I had the fortunate privilege of getting to know My.com on 2 occasions with Skyfrog and Revelation Online.  

Skyforge we went into the standard issues of mistranslations and issues, launch was relatively smooth but there was not a massive playerbase.  Each week you were capped on the amount of these orbs you can acquire every week.  Unless you paid money to basically buy these orbs (there was a limit) but it ended up being around $100 a week.  This let us increase our prestige faster then other players and unlock content an entire month before the rest of the playerbase could.  We had events that were physcially impossible to win unless you paid money.  There was one that came to mind where You had a race track that you sent an npc to race in and it took say 10 minutes to complete and he would finish anywhere from 1st to 10th.  Depending on his placement you would get that many points.  You could however speed up those 10 minutes by spending money.  Someone did the math and the top prize which was the fastest mount at the time was IMPOSSIBLE to get if you had your worker reset every 10 minutes, for the entire week, and he RNG'ed first every single time.   They also had a cash shop item after I left from an event that gave you I believe roughly 10% increased damage which is massive.  People freaked out and spent money to get this item, later to find out there was a typo and it only increased damage by 1%.   All complaints on forums were basically silenced and there was a time where even using the word P2W would result in a forum ban.  

Rev I had less time with because I was so disgusted with the launch of this game.  I hated My.com at this point but the guild started up a chapter here.  I played the last beta and couldnt progress because of an npc missing.  Game launches we run into same issues.  Half the quests I had to guess at what even the answers were because I did not speak one of the 4 languages that it could possible be.  Some beginner areas were in English.  Some tool tips were in original Korean, but it seems they translated the game to Russian then worked on translating the game from Russian to English but still had broken tool tips and quests and items from Korea.  I understand missing things, but this was the MAJORITY of texts in the game.  The game was confusing as is, let a lone going on weeks of these issues.  I believe eventually this was resolved a month or two after their full launch.  O, also super crazy p2w, but I can really only speak about launch because I did not last long in that game.  

Anyway, EU brothers if you need a home in NA, I welcome you.  The lag would be worth it not to use my.com.  The best analogy I can give is like seeing that girl you like go back to her abusive boyfriend.  At some point you just need to say enough is enough and literally I am so passionately against my.com that I would refuse to give Intrepid money knowing that even a portion would go to this sleezebag company.  

Comments

• Options
    O, forgot to mention received an e-mail that advised me to change all my passwords since there database was hacked.  Loved that.  
  • Options
    LoanWolf said:
    O, forgot to mention received an e-mail that advised me to change all my passwords since there database was hacked.  Loved that.  
    proof or it didn't happen.
  • Options

mail.ru Dump 

In September 2014, several large dumps of user accounts appeared on the Russian Bitcoin Security Forumincluding one with nearly 5M email addresses and passwords, predominantly on the mail.ru domain. Whilst unlikely to be the result of a direct attack against mail.ru, the credentials were confirmed by many as legitimate for other services they had subscribed to. Further data allegedly valid for mail.ru and containing email addresses and plain text passwords was added in January 2018 bringing to total to more than 16M records. The incident was also then flagged as "unverified", a concept that was introduced after the initial data load in 2014.

Breach date: 10 September 2014
    Date added to HIBP: 12 September 2014
    Compromised accounts: 16,630,988
    Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords

• Options
    @LoanWolf So your proof is something that happened 4 years ago. By proof I expected the email that was supposed to be sent to you. If intrepid went with Sony would you have had the same reaction. Now My.com had 4 years to fix the issues, have they, this is Steven's job to find out, because Ashes is his baby and I dont think he will throw it out with the bath water.
  • Options
    @LoanWolf So your proof is something that happened 4 years ago. By proof I expected the email that was supposed to be sent to you. If intrepid went with Sony would you have had the same reaction. Now My.com had 4 years to fix the issues, have they, this is Steven's job to find out, because Ashes is his baby and I dont think he will throw it out with the bath water.
    Something that happened 4 years ago certainly affected anyone who played Skyforge with my.com.  I do find it interesting that an incident happens surprisingly after Skyforge dies down, then a 2nd incident happens surprisingly after Revelation Online dies down.  

They had 4 years to fix things?  They had issues with there website with Revelation Online which charged people multiple times for their loot currency.  Some people were charged 5 times for a $100 purchase.  Other credit cards picked up on the double charge and cancelled the charge and my.com saw this is a charge back instead of a common correction and baned hundreds of users for this.  It was a significant issue and even not playing Revelation Online at the time it took us weeks to get this situation resolved for our members and was an absolute shit show.

Ive played collectively about 4 months of my.com games and I have a laundry list of examples.  People are completely outraged because they have actual personal experiences or are first hand to a lot of these things.  If I were in EU this would be a big concern for me.  

Steven is allowed to make mistakes, he made one with this company.  
  • Options
    We all know just how shit the guys at my.com are, I think there is a google doc. somewhere where they compiled a list of my.com fuck ups, at the end of the day I doubt anyone will really trust them, but we can trust Intrepid that they wouldn't fuck over their own game before it is even released.