Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Information about My.com we need from you Steven

Hello Steven and Intrepid Studios. 

To start off. We, the EU community are outraged about the my.com publisher announcement for the EU servers. Not only because of My.com's reputation but because we were lied to by you and intrepid in the Kickstarter. We were told you would self-publish, and if there is one thing the EU community has been burned by for years is horrible publishers destroying good games. There is no trust from the EU community in any publisher at all. The fact that you guys came out saying you would self-publish was music to our ears, now that you guys turned your backs to the EU community but not the other regions is a big hit below the belt. 

Still, I do trust you Steven. I do trust you when you say that you wouldn't do anything to destroy the game, I trust you when you said that My.com has promised to pout this game as their top priority and that they have fixed the past issues they had. You know what I also trust? The fact that My.com lies. The fact that My.com have said these very exact same things in past games, and still screwed us, the players over massively. My.com has lost any right for us to trust them blindly. So, what I am going to ask from both you, Intrepid and My.com is to earn our trust back. Show us why we should give My.com a second chance because empty words on your side won't work this time. 

We recently got an update regarding the business model from My.com side. For now, those were great news, and I thank you Steven for taking that matter seriously as flying to them to talk with them directly. You have also told us that things regarding server quality and security is something My.com won't be behind just themselves, but they have to live up to certain requirements that are put into the contract. For now, I will be contempt with that response and wait to see how things turn out. 

These are questions and information we still need information and official responses to.

How will the community and communication be for the EU players? In past games that did something similar like you guys, splitting off a region from another, one region would end up being ignored by the developers as well for that region to be disconnected from the other regions. How do you intend to solve this?
When My.com takes over, will the EU community and their accounts be migrated over to their systems, their services and forums, or will we still be connected with you guys and have a direct link with Intrepid like the other regions?
How will things like playing in different regions, or transferring an account work, will we be able to play on multiple regions at once, or will our account only work on one region at the time?
If My.com ends up providing a bad service, regardless of what your intentions were, Will EU players be allowed to transfer over to NA, or will we be forced to abandon our characters, our backer accounts and create new accounts?

You can't blindly ask us to trust you guys on this matter, you lost that privilege when you went back on your promise in the Kickstarter and went to bed with one of the worst publishers in the EU. 

Comments

• Options
    Please, just do not let my.com publish this game....
    oh well guess WoW is still there if AOC launches with my.com as publisher
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    When My.com takes over, will the EU community and their accounts be migrated over to their systems, their services and forums, or will we still be connected with you guys and have a direct link with Intrepid like the other regions?
    How will things like playing in different regions, or transferring an account work, will we be able to play on multiple regions at once, or will our account only work on one region at the time?
    If My.com ends up providing a bad service, regardless of what your intentions were, Will EU players be allowed to transfer over to NA, or will we be forced to abandon our characters, our backer accounts and create new accounts?

These are really good questions. In case My.com can't hold up the SLAs in the contract *- because I have a feeling they won't be able to (neither from Server quality and neither from Customer Support quality)... unless IS bought a really shitty package :D -* , and IS will have to look for an other provider, what will happen to our accounts? 
  • Options
    We just have to sit tight and wait for IS to clarify everything properly.
  • Options
    We just have to sit tight and wait for IS to clarify everything properly.
    Right on the money
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I mean, Steven has been nothing but transparent about this game for it's entire life span so far. I doubt he would intentionally do something to hurt the community or hide something. There's obviously things in business that can't be talk about as deals works out, so try not to take the current silence to mean anything.

Ive really been interested to see how much this decision has split the community though. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Can't speak for anyone else, obviously, but I would imagine that a fair few who are disappointed with the My.com partnership certainly don't want the game to fail. I am sick of hype train after hype train promising the Earth, then going back on their word. Up until this development, I had a lot of trust in AoC. I still don't doubt Steven's goal, but I find it incredibly difficult to trust My.com with their horrendous track record.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I am going to wait for an explanation as I have had complete trust in IS up until now. Depending on that explanation I will need to wait pre-purchasing or participate in BETA until after release and see how it plays out for others. Ping issues, account hacks, support issues... Too bad.. However I don't understand how the important decision like this has been made. It feels like a stab in the heart for EU players from a studio that claims to know the industry. Please please please elaborate when you find the right words.. hate the idea of this terrible company receiving ANY cash from me what so ever.

EDIT: How about my.com hosting EU dedicated servers during alpha 1? Would give a somewhat nice opportunity to test the server quality and see if they can actually deliver this time around...
  • Options
    EDIT: How about my.com hosting EU dedicated servers during alpha 1? Would give a somewhat nice opportunity to test the server quality and see if they can actually deliver this time around...
    Good suggestion and IS have mentioned that the EU would be getting region servers during the testing phase.
  • Options
    Good post & good questions. I'dl like those answerd too
  • Options
    Great questions. I personally would also like to know if EU players are forced to use the my.com launcher and if their account data (email address and payment options) are given away to this sketchy-beyond-belief company… Will there be refund options should one not be comfortable doing so? I mean this is quite a substantial change to what was promised at Kickstarter times.
  • Options
    Berinima said:
    Great questions. I personally would also like to know if EU players are forced to use the my.com launcher and if their account data (email address and payment options) are given away to this sketchy-beyond-belief company… Will there be refund options should one not be comfortable doing so? I mean this is quite a substantial change to what was promised at Kickstarter times.
    6:56 AM] Steven: Intrepid will handle packaging of the game client as well.
  • Options
    Spun666 said:
    Berinima said:
    Yeah, I just read it. That's good news indeed, I still don't want to give them any payment information whatsoever. If I don't need to because I have BoW package I'm personally fine with that matter, still sucks for everyone else tho.
  • Options
    Spun666 said:
    Berinima said:
    That one less thing to worry about now. I can see him trying his best to clear this up 
  • Options
    Berinima said:
    Spun666 said:
    Berinima said:
    Yeah, I just read it. That's good news indeed, I still don't want to give them any payment information whatsoever. If I don't need to because I have BoW package I'm personally fine with that matter, still sucks for everyone else tho.
    Solid point here. If you have a Lifetime sub, you could potentially never pay My.com anything.
  • Options