Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My.com New article How the Mail.ru / MyMail Apps leak your 3rd party login data and your emails to R

http://wp.xin.at/archives/4267 @GMSteven
Please check this out! Just want you to be aware.
Personally I am glad I live in the US :)

Also for people that do not know about the hack to their forums
https://www.zdnet.com/article/over-25-million-accounts-stolen-after-mail-ru-forums-raided-by-hackers/

Edit Aug 28th: My fears have now been resolved.
Case closed for me.

Comments

• Options
    This is one of those things that can't be fixed in a contract... No matter what is in the contract regarding server performance, no p2w etc. etc., It won't change things like this.
  • Options
    😳

• Options
    Getting old already...:\
  • Options
    ... well, if Russia wanted to know my private information, they could just ask the NSA. :)
  • Options
    Noooooo, please, not mail.ru
    Russian game community hate this company  :'(
  • Options
    Yes we are all aware of how shit my.com is, have some trust in Intrepid and wait until we get some real answers from Steven.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I guess this whole thing wouldn't be an issue, or at least it would be less of an issue, if IS really would have taken any other publisher. :)
    I am really interested, if this still would be the case If Steven would be living in the EU. :smile:

Well I guess we will have to wait for the next rich guy, who is european and really loves mmorps, and wants to create one for himself. :smiley:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Trem said:

Well I guess we will have to wait for the next rich guy, who is european and really loves mmorps, and wants to create one for himself. :smiley:

😂....epic.

Oh dear. Ok let`s wait what Steven will say, after he had talked with them in Amsterdam.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Yes we are all aware of how shit my.com is, have some trust in Intrepid and wait until we get some real answers from Steven.
    Just what sort of answer could assuage the potential harm THIS can do?
  • Options
    Trem said:

I bet he'll be Russian, just you wait.
  • Options
    I am completely fine that everyone still wants to talk about my.com...but I do wish they would stay on one or two threads. The 20 or so threads on the same basic topic is a bit tiresome. 
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    I am completely fine that everyone still wants to talk about my.com...but I do wish they would stay on one or two threads. The 20 or so threads on the same basic topic is a bit tiresome. 
    I second this, seriously dont see the point in so many individual discussions :>
  • Options
    Nothing short of a complete cancellation of that contract is going to suffice. Anything else is just going to be lip service. 
  • Options
    Luckily Mail.ru doesn’t run these forums.
  • Options
    Dragnon said:
    Nothing short of a complete cancellation of that contract is going to suffice. Anything else is just going to be lip service. 
    As much as everyone would want that, being so pessimistic about it is not the best thing to do.
  • Options
    Dragnon said:
    As much as everyone would want that, being so pessimistic about it is not the best thing to do.
    Its not pessimism, its how contracts work. Unless Steven was intoxicated or under duress when he signed it. Its not going anywhere without a lawsuit.
  • Options
    Dragnon said:
    Dragnon said:
    Its not pessimism, its how contracts work. Unless Steven was intoxicated or under duress when he signed it. Its not going anywhere without a lawsuit.
    You never saw the contract, I doubt Steven who has experience is business would fuck over the game he put his own money into.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Dragnon said:
    Dragnon said:
    You never saw the contract, I doubt Steven who has experience is business would fuck over the game he put his own money into.
    I think we can all assume Steven didn't expect this kind of backlash from the community. If he did, then that's a whole separate issue.

I haven't seen this contract no, but my job involves legal contracts everyday and one thing that is required on all contracts is a start date and a termination date. Since the announcement has been made already, its a very safe assumption that we are already in the start date. There would need to be a breach of contract on the part of my.com for Steven to legally execute a termination at this point. No contract ever will have a "you can leave just because" clause. 

Most everyone in business has experience with contracts. Saying Steven is experienced means nothing. That's like lawyers who are always saying "I know the law, I am right"....well its not that simple, we have judges, and in every case, one of those lawyers IS in fact wrong.
  • Options

But the game is not fucked at all. As long the NA is self published the game will be alright. It's just the EU that has no salvation whatsoever, but thing is, Ashes do not need the EU to survive...lol. 
  • Options
    Well its good to have an opinion, regardless all you can do is wait for answers, I'm not trying to defend my.com but thinking that the game is doomed because "my.com" is a stretch.
  • Options

• Options

Only 25 more posts to go!! 
    @UnknownSystemError
     :p  :p:p 
  • Options
    It seems a lot of trust and faith in Steven and the game, has gone away, when they decided to use these server providers. He uses the frace trust me so much, that it is losing its meaning. And there is a big difference on trusting him on delivering on the game, and in trusting on the server provider. And just that he says that, i feel is a lack of respekt the the potential players, when you think of, what this/these server providers, has done. Yeah he says they might change. But look at other gaming company's. Have they changed, with what they are known for? EA screwing over players. Company's know for having shitty servers etc. It is not like it is a small thing, My.com has done. If was just some servers that was a little unstable, that would have been that. But this involves peoples personal information. Steven has said so often now, that he is a gaming, that it has lost its meaning. Just because he is a gamer, dosen't mean he is going to care about other players. And isn't he the owner of the company? Of course he wants us to have trust in him and the game. Or he might lose out on alot of money. I doubt any company wants to lose money. Even if they have made the company to benifit the world. They still need money to keep going and for improvements etc. If something that has happened in the past with my.com, happens for AoC, i can emagine the last trust in Steven and the game, will be gone, or most of it. And it could kill the game. 
  • Options
    EA would never in a million years make the concessions to an indie developer like My.com made to Intrepid.  So they’d never have EA as a publisher.  EA would be the one demanding conditions and would ruin everything.  That’s the difference and the reason why My.com is what they’re using in EU.