Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

No region lock. EU time based server within NA?

With the recent announcement confirming no region locks, reckon there will be sufficient numbers of EU players heading over to the NA servers?
It's important to consider that even if latency isn't an issue, time difference is, and major events and general activity are going to be unmanageable if you're migrating over to NA. The only way around this that I can think of is to have multiple servers within each region, and have a server within NA that would be heavily populated by EU players who would obviously go according to a specific EU time that would be far more practical. 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    those events will be set according to peak and low population times, not server location timezone, so if it's true and the population of EU players is enough  the time of those events will change on its own.
  • Options
    I hope so. I am in NA but don't play standard NA times. 
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    those events will be set according to peak and low population times, not server location timezone, so if it's true and the population of EU players is enough  the time of those events will change on its own.
    That's a good point, though there may be seasonal and 'outside of lore' events (such as Winter, Halloween type events) we see in a number of MMOs, which may be geared at specific times (for example a series of minigames that offer rewards which are on a certain timer). This would be impractical for most people if they're in the wee hours of the morning.
  • Options
    That is in interesting idea.  However to prevent the NA players form taking advantage of us poor Europeans suffering from high ping/latency I.S. would have to ip lock NA players off those servers which is kinda the thing us EUers have been mad about the possability of happening to us. :|
  • Options
    Last information we have is that events and scheduling will be based on server location. You roll NA, you deal with. As much as you feel that you don't want to roll in EU with my.com there will be sacrifices that have to be made. They learned with the Summer debacle to not listen to the vocal minority, I am sure they will take that lesson and apply it here.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I'm quite confident that it isn't a 'minority' of those who bought AoC packages from Europe who are upset over My.com.
    If IS offers those who don't want to have anything to do with My.com the option of going over to NA, then whatever happens with My.com would be a win. In the high likelihood that it'll be a disaster, people would have the opportunity to avoid it. And if somehow they're able to exceed expectations and not make a pig's ear of things, EU players could always transfer back.
  • Options
    This game really does need to have EU/NA players on one server. Its heavily pvp based and moving assets around via caravan etc I'm sure guilds will need to have round the clock crews to keep the mission moving forward. I actually think that's the silver lining in all of this.
  • Options
    I could see the community deciding to designate an unofficial EU server among the NA servers at one point.
  • Options
    Changing NA event times to cater to people who have their own servers but chose to play on an out-of-region one makes 0 sense.

It's kind of a middle finger at the people from that region who didn't do anything but log into their local server. 
  • Options