Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

An idea of Combat that occured

Scenario 1
  • Player performs the Dodge ability, BUT the User is moving Forward
  • Queues unique Animation for the Ability-type of the Specific Ability
  • no invincibility while performing* the action (?)   
  • not an insane distance traveled either after the ability resolves, but fair enough
Scenario 2
  • Player performs Dodge Ability, BUT the User is moving Backwards 
  • Queues unique Animation for the Ability-type of the Specific Ability
  • not an insane distance traveled either after the ability resolves, but fair enough
Scenario 3
  • Player performs Dodge Ability, BUT moved Sideways + Player Collision hits an object* .... which Ricochets off the Tree/ Wall/ Building etc ...   
  • Queues unique Animation for the Ability-type of the Specific Ability + the Sequence 
  • This scenario being ... Player Collision meets Environment Collision
Now imagine this idea being spread across all and/or most abilities ... and with that said, it does seem more like Polish ...  as opposed to something fundamental (idk)
  • The only thing i keep in mind is ... as of now ... ( based on the Corruption-System ) ... a players name can only change to Purple if another Player is specifically targeted for an attack. And even though that might change in future testing .... I'm honestly thinking about how this mechanic allows for more Freedom of Abilities + what can be made because of this Mechanic in place + how abilities can be depicted/ conveyed ... while still maintaining the tactical-side & strategy-side of Combat 
  • via no Spamming of AoE abilities + no templates constantly being present 

And no,  I'm not picturing characters jumping around everywhere - Players should, overall, be grounded and Travel still being meaningful  ... Although it does give a sense of Freedom ( of Movement ) but no way resembling how Eastern MMOs does it 

What are your thoughts ?