Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Star Wars Galaxies Crafting Invoked by the Great and Powerful Bard!

So, Steven and Jeffrey were on TwitchDE this morning (sorry I didn't get a clip :(  but I was excited because a Jeffrey said that the crafting system was heavily inspired by Star Wars Galaxies.

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) this is the first time SWG was referenced directly, especially in terms of crafting.

Of course, this is just about the holiest of grails for fans of SWG and crafters in general.

It remains to be seen how "inspired" it will be, exactly, but boy this has me all hyped all over again :)

I'd love to see raw resources have variable properties in and of themselves (i.e. ore might have conductivity, density, etc) which will affect the final product output.

What's your favorite takeaway from SWG you'd love to see in AoC crafting?

Comments

• Options
    Not really weird considering some of their team members have had experience with swg :3 
  • Options
    Also this was mentioned months ago in a livestream when they were describing how they envisioned crafting and SWG being specifically mentioned. So it is good that you are excited by this, but it is old news.
  • Options
    @lethality Have you ever watched the second season of Adventure Time? Your avatar is making me think of the episode in which Fynn and Jake try to find the "best" armor and the guys they try to beat have really nice armor and they go around saying, "...this is armor..." and they do their little fingers like in your avatar.
  • Options
    Early SWG was a good time. 
  • Options
    Dragnon said:
    Hilarious was AFK surveying. You would move just a little bit forward with my macro. Leave it running, go to bed, come back hours later and find yourself halfway across that particular map.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Yes I am sooo excited by the idea of an SWG ish crafting system it is what initially attracted me to this game.  *Rubs hands together*  I can't wait.....  But I will have to. :(
  • Options
    I love how in the stream they said that the picked the best parts of other games.
  • Options
    Dragnon said:
    Hilarious was AFK surveying. You would move just a little bit forward with my macro. Leave it running, go to bed, come back hours later and find yourself halfway across that particular map.
    Yeah macros were crazy.  Make a macro to attack everything that gets close, park yourself where a horde of critters keep respawning, then go make a sandwich and take a nap.

But I really loved other aspects of SWG when it was new.  I still recall finding a baby Bol, raising and training it and making it my mount.

Or my guild’s city on Lok...

Or that time we built a bunch of bases in the shape of an Imperial symbol as a “bleep you” to the Rebs on our server...
  • Options
    Atama said:
    Dragnon said:
    Yeah macros were crazy.  Make a macro to attack everything that gets close, park yourself where a horde of critters keep respawning, then go make a sandwich and take a nap.

But I really loved other aspects of SWG when it was new.  I still recall finding a baby Bol, raising and training it and making it my mount.

Or my guild’s city on Lok...

Or that time we built a bunch of bases in the shape of an Imperial symbol as a “bleep you” to the Rebs on our server...
    Omg I so remember training my baby dewback mount, hahaha. 
  • Options
    Anything they bring from SWG (early) is a good thing. That was a really good MMO experience until they tried and wowify it.