Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official My.com Press Release and statements

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Yasuo02 said:
    Have they said anything about character transfer to NA servers from EU if and when my.com decides to go back to do business as usual?
    As others have pointed out, please scroll up and watch TheLazyPeon video that others have linked. He spent a lot of time researching it and the issues, and while his MSPaint skills by his own admission need some work, he pretty clearly lays out how it would all go down if My.com was to break the actual contract they have signed by not meeting agreed upon metrics. Would your characters be lost at that point? No. Either they would fold you into the NA service, or another option would be found. Your whole argument works off the assumption that they are some pencil-thin, mustachioed villians just waiting to fuck you, and not a company that sees a legitimate way to come out of the cold, change their image, and make a bunch of money by backing a western mmorpg for the first time in their history, instead of the built for f2p  asian cash grabs their business was able to run up until now.
    Image result for cartoon villains with mustaches
    Out of curiosity did Peon see the actual contract and have the legal background to properly analyse it to give 100% assurances?

Not to be a naysayer but yeah unless a credible neutral source with legal background analyses actual legal documents its hearsay. 

Not to say things are not on the up and up but with out those you cant call it a definite. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ashes of Creation now has a publisher, which reassures me that it is definitely coming out (unlike a certain other crowd-funded games).
    No matter who the publisher was, be it Trion, Aeria, Nexon, NCsoft, or Daybreak; none of them have 5 star reputations, and folks would throw conniptions if Intrepid had chosen any of them.
    The publisher is fairly unimportant. Almost all P2W mechanics in games are rolled into the base design by the devs, not the publishers.  The devs are the primary profiteers of P2W mechanics and it also benefits them to point fingers at the publishers even though the devs always had the last say in most situations.  Publishers are glorified "hype men" and in exchange for a portion of sales they market the game.  Publishers may give input, but devs are not forced to put in P2W.  As long as Intrepid designs Ashes in a way which would make P2W detrimental to the game's function we have nothing to really be concerned about.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    @GMSteven Any update on when the aoc.my.com website will be back online?
  • Options
    Some one posted me an email to say they were not going to play AOC anymore because it was going to be published by my.com ? i thought it was a joke, then when i saw the article above i thought " how can you ruin a game from the start" let ie be published by my.com.  Jesus Christ i'll now have to see if i can get my founders pack refunded, wont go near my.com even if you paid me, Sorry AOC but no thanks  - my.com's version of customer support  in Rev online was so bad and so poor it was like speaking to chimpanzees with word synthesizers 

guess ill wait for the new Lotro 2020
  • Options
    Grymlocke said:
    Some one posted me an email to say they were not going to play AOC anymore because it was going to be published by my.com ? i thought it was a joke, then when i saw the article above i thought " how can you ruin a game from the start" let ie be published by my.com.  Jesus Christ i'll now have to see if i can get my founders pack refunded, wont go near my.com even if you paid me, Sorry AOC but no thanks  - my.com's version of customer support  in Rev online was so bad and so poor it was like speaking to chimpanzees with word synthesizers 

guess ill wait for the new Lotro 2020
    So without reading further into it you just drop the game because of my.com ? they ruined 2 games I invested time and money into and customer support was the lowest of the low however it was already stated that my.com will have to provide certain standards of customer support and anything else that they will be in charge of, the best part is that Intrepid retain 100% creative control, something no other publisher wanted to give them.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @AutumnLeaf, I have infact read the statements here and on discord and also checked a few utube videos,  and from I can see they went with my.com as they had "no" other choice  no other Eu publisher would allow them to keep  licencing / Creative Control 100% to themselves,  and so they picked the worst of the worst publishers,  even if my.com fail as the publisher then we are back at square 1

stipulating 1: performance of servers, 2: up time 3:  and standards of customer service is an overall agreement, but what about the people who wait weeks for resolutions to issues ?  I will give you an example I had a ticket with My.com and it was escalated to a manager called mark, he said i will look into it and get back to you in 48 hours,  i only found out 2 weeks later he was on holiday and no other agent would touch the ticket as it was under investigation by him and assigned to him,  you know what the answer was,  " im very sorry here is 3k ingame currency"  and this was a game braking bug as the main quest line was bugged for my character, so essentially no progression for 2 weeks (i refused the currency and stated i would never open a ticket with my.com again)

trusting my.com in ANY area whatsoever is taking a huge risk 

only good news is i am getting a refund for the pre-order pack so atleast that is fine,
  • Options
    Grymlocke said:
    @AutumnLeaf, I have infact read the statements here and on discord and also checked a few utube videos,  and from I can see they went with my.com as they had "no" other choice  no other Eu publisher would allow them to keep  licencing / Creative Control 100% to themselves,  and so they picked the worst of the worst publishers,  even if my.com fail as the publisher then we are back at square 1

stipulating 1: performance of servers, 2: up time 3:  and standards of customer service is an overall agreement, but what about the people who wait weeks for resolutions to issues ?  I will give you an example I had a ticket with My.com and it was escalated to a manager called mark, he said i will look into it and get back to you in 48 hours,  i only found out 2 weeks later he was on holiday and no other agent would touch the ticket as it was under investigation by him and assigned to him,  you know what the answer was,  " im very sorry here is 3k ingame currency"  and this was a game braking bug as the main quest line was bugged for my character, so essentially no progression for 2 weeks (i refused the currency and stated i would never open a ticket with my.com again)

trusting my.com in ANY area whatsoever is taking a huge risk 

only good news is i am getting a refund for the pre-order pack so atleast that is fine,
    No one said anything about trusting my.com ? I trust Intrepid that's all. Well regardless good for you if you at least got the refund done, good luck 'w'