Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can I Buy an Island?

If I find an island and I move there then what? It's only big enough for one person. Do we fight forever for control of the island?

If I find an island and move there but it's big enough for a city can I kick you out unless you're wearing a chain mail bikini? Do we fight forever for control of the city?

If I find an island, can I buy it in the cash shop? Say, 30,000 Embers. Will that give me an unfair advantage? I think yes if I charge people rent to live on it, but what if I can only live there alone? I'm buying the right to live on an island all alone and I can't charge rent or make any money off it. Is that possible?

Comments

• Options
    Are we still talking about the game or RL????
  • Options
    Can I join religion that accepts polygamy and force everyone on the island to be married to me?
  • Options
    sounds a lot like the game Entropia
  • Options
    I want an Island...
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I dont think so, though there shall be stock markets and some sort of property tradings i think
  • Options
    SaintJ said:

Oooh my where is the report button... 😱 no one wants to be forced 🤦🏽‍♀️
    Sarcasm, pls no banish
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    One can obviously kick arse and become the lord of the domain with ones minions on a little island.  Then again, you might want to kick in some mullah to the developers, like an avatar.  Of course, as the saying goes .... No pay 2 play. I was thinking of the same thing with the Bacon theme for an undiscovered Nikua (Polynesian dwarf) island where Puaka (bacon) was the mayor. Just saying. Cheers!
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Almost 14 years ago Deathifier bought treasure island! Time flies...

• Options
    Neomir said:
    nagash said:
    Almost 14 years ago Deathifier bought treasure island! Time flies...

im glad someone knew what I was talking about 
  • Options
    I didn't recognize you with your new signature.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I didn't recognize you with your new signature.
    Technically it's my old one I m just reusing it
  • Options
    Anyone who talked to me on Discord knows I would give up being old man of the mountain to make a freehold island fortress.
  • Options
    ..and here all I wanted was a pony......
  • Options
    Ultima Online had islands you could settle on. It was awesome and huge fun for exploration. DOOOOOOO IT
  • Options
    Good news then! You could indeed "buy an island," you would just need to buy it every month, and allow a bunch of people to run around on it. We have island nodes confirmed. If one of them is an economic node, they you could just buy your mayorship. Kick everyone off the island, and your node would atrophy and delevel, turn it into a pirate haven or such and as long as you are the richest there and your scratch holds out, you could rule.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I really hope we can, so that I can then Pirate your goods 😜
  • Options
    We have PvP where you can raid caravans, we have ships...  Why can’t we have piracy?  I see it as a possibility.  Even if it just means using a ship to get to a coastline to raid someone on land.  That’s piratey!
  • Options
    I am an island.  Unfortunately I am not fore sale.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No man is an island but for you I will make an exception ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    No man is an island but for you I will make an exception ^^
    all we know is Mans not hot