Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What are some epic moments, you would love to see in the game?

You know that moment from LoTR the two towers, where they ride out to meet the enemy? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzvAAAHVFBI

That's what I am hoping to see with a few castle raids. Que the music!

Then you have the riders of Rohan, meeting the army of Mordor. That was very epic. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pis3veqKl8k

I know we might not get it to that level in the game, but oh if we can get something close, that will be an epic moment in the game. 

So what are a few types of epic moments you would love to see in AoC? 

Comments

• I wouldn't mind for a epic defense, like in helms deep, knowing your outnumbered but still prevailing in the end. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXC-jJhFaUI
  • “Screw this, I’m logging out.”
  • I want to see an Epic Massive demon monster arise from the moment the very 1st Node achieves the Metropolis level.

Like imagine the scene in the lord of the rings, when they are in the mountain and they wake up that fire beast Balrog. 

Just amplify that size by about 50 meters and add in some corruption creatures and make it a legitimate threat to everyone and every building in the area.

THAT would be an epic fight, and having the City leader himself be forced to bring that sweet dragon mount into the fray as well
  • I would love to see a bunch of like 10 gankers try to fight me and then me 1 shotting them each one after another..
  • I want to see if players can become gods if they have enough followers ^^
  • I have much need for epic horses. 😊💟

• Battle of blackwater bay 2.0.

Huge siege battle with naval invasions (man can dream) with some dragons thrown there just to spice it up.

Or huge world boss which is threatening many nodes and rallies whole server against in epic battle.

• I would love to have a dragonfly mount, but I don't think that's going to happen.
  • T-Elf said:
    I would love to have a dragonfly mount, but I don't think that's going to happen.
    Maybe a land-based mount shaped like a dragonfly that flapped its wings when you jump or glide.  I think real flying mounts are restricted to special node leaders and such.  But maybe something dragonfly-like.
  • So yeah an mmo is all about community, but it'd be pretty sick if there were boss fights that we have to fight alone no matter what as a kind of epic moment in the story. The only issue would be balancing the boss around every class so i don't see that happening.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Before self-mentoring and NPC merc made it possible for a solo player to kill just about anything and everything below max level, the Speak as a Dragon quest in EQ2 was rather remarkable.  There were other similar and remarkable quests in that dungeon in Lavastorm.

Speaking of Speak as a Dragon, I do not know how any one player could ever have figured out all the steps.  It seemed as if at one time you must have needed an entire guild of knowledge to locate everything.  Now you just look everything up on a Wiki.

In fact if you dare to ask in open chat for advice you get spammed with comments about being lazy... ...i.e. let me Google that for you.  Wiki's have really damaged group play I believe.

edited September 2018
    Since there will be siege battles and open world Raid Bosses and Epic raid bosses, this means that a massive number of players (more than 250) will gather in a piece of land.
    Under these conditions I would like to see a mechanism in which players can EXTREMELLY RARELY and at COMPLETELY RANDOM TIMES, activate an ability for 3-5 seconds. Here are some examples to illustrate the magnitute of these moments which will happen EXTREMELLY RARELY and at COMPLETELLY RANDOM TIMES.
    Mage. Imagine Sauron at the first scenes of LOTR smashing his weapon at the masses, knocking people away, affecting 3 players with each motion, total 12.
    Tank. Let a strong battlecry out. 15 enemy players are paralized with fear for 4 seconds.
    Warrior. In a fit of rage leap at great distance and for 5 seconds you can 1 hit kill enemy players. Most likely you will die afterwards having broken away from your group.
    Rogue. Dance of death. Become a shadow and insta kill 3 enemy players and then remain a shadow for 8 seconds to return to a safe location

Again the conditions for such random displays of POWER are that there is a massive amount of players(more than 250 in EPIC Raid Boss environment or a Castle Siege environment so that these EXTREMELY RARE occurances do not change the outcome of the battle.
    In addition these abilities which Ill refer to as the "Calling" will happen randomly in the heat of the battle. Your ability bar will shine, and you have 3 seconds to activate the "Calling" if you chose to do so.
    If an EPIC Raid Boss, or siege needs 5h to be completed, while enemy alliances fight for it, you may see at most 1 player per large guild/alliance activate such an ability at RANDOM. 

This "Calling" mechanism should be available to 45-50 lv players that have completed an amazing but hard quest with their group. In addition in order to activate this ability they are required to be equiped with high tier gear.

I believe that such a feauture will be unique in mmorpgs, and will create some awsome rare moments for the years to come

Imagine witnessing it.
    Imagine causing it.
  • Atama said:
    T-Elf said:
    I would love to have a dragonfly mount, but I don't think that's going to happen.
    Maybe a land-based mount shaped like a dragonfly that flapped its wings when you jump or glide.  I think real flying mounts are restricted to special node leaders and such.  But maybe something dragonfly-like.
    You are so kind, I misread the topic and thought it was mounts.  My bad.
  • Massive monster invasions that can completely overwhelm a node and cause chaos. In a lot of games these these type of events are a joke for player entertainment, though I prefer a real threat not weak loot pinatas. 

• nagash said:
    I want to see if players can become gods if they have enough followers ^^
    Thanks for checking this up for me ;) you can always be a priest 
  • Love to see a horde attack a village, and other villages assist.
    So the horde to return with higher honed adversaries and take out the town.
    And when you scream in victory as the towns gather and destroy the menace, you realize this was just the vanguard, as the main epic level force arrives to take down the city.

• nagash said:
    I want to see if players can become gods if they have enough followers ^^
    Thanks for checking this up for me ;) you can always be a priest 
    get in line welp
    edited September 2018
    An epic server world boss fight with multiple stages when different groups doing something crucial. You know, usual stuff.