Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ammo Count

In the latest Pax combat footage, if you look closely, whenever they use a range weapon there is a number counting down and when it gets to zero the info bar on the left says they are out of ammo. Do you think they are going to have a ammo mechanic in later phases or do you think it is just for this phase of testing?

Comments

• Options
    I think it was only for phase testing, later in the game we will be able to craft, then it will come with or NPC selling arrow.  :)
  • Options
    Also that may just be a resource indicator that applies to all weapons to reduce spam. People will find out next week.
  • Options
    Possibly, but for the melee weapons that number did not reduce. Instead, the stamina bar (the bottom right bar) decreased every time they swung the weapon.
  • Options
    Give them ammo, mages have mana
  • Options
    I guess it depends on if the non-magic users also use "mana" or have an equivalent there of. Because mages can also use wands, which in the video had an ammo count.
  • Options
    was there a stamina bar as well ?
  • Options
    Mozsta69 said:
    was there a stamina bar as well ?
    It seemed like there was one for swinging melee weapons, but I didn't notice any for dodging. I will have to re-watch it to see if I missed it.
  • Options
    Great sighting! this would be great knowledge to know for the future. i do indeed have mates who love to be archers. i myself will be a mage, but lets see what AOC has in store for me
  • Options
    My first thought would be that maybe only melee weapons dull over time and have to be repaired, so maybe this is just a way of keeping maintenance costs on par with melee characters.
  • Options
    We know all weapons and armor will decrease in durability with use and they can potentially break after awhile. It could be that melee weapons might degrade faster than ranged weapons since they take more of a beating during combat. 
  • Options
    Zastro said:
    We know all weapons and armor will decrease in durability with use and they can potentially break after awhile. It could be that melee weapons might degrade faster than ranged weapons since they take more of a beating during combat. 
    this is why summons are the best 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    nagash said:
    Zastro said:
    You're right. Summon ethereal blades; no need to repair those xD
  • Options
    Zastro said:
    nagash said:
    Zastro said:
    Sorry your magic staff just broke because you summoned too many blades.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Atama said:
    Zastro said:
    nagash said:
    Zastro said:
    what if I summoned my staff to summon the blades? summonception
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Atama said:
    Zastro said:
    nagash said:
    Zastro said:
    what if I summoned my staff to summon the blades? summonception
    What if I summon you to summon the staff to summon the blades?