Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Death penalty

What will be the penalty of dying when not corrupt? Lose exp/levels, debuff and is the respawn time long or do you just move to a closeby location like in WoW?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    To be honest I just hope its not gonna be lost of items, maybe having different penalties depending if its a PvE or PvP death would be interesting so players can PvP with less downsides.
  • Options
    Yes, there are penalties to dying from last information given. Dying while flagged for pvp gives the least penalty, dying while unflagged double that, and dying while corrupted is variable, but greater, depending on level of corruption. PVE death penalty was mentioned, but has not been clarified in a long time, and will most likely be in effect to keep people from trying to exploit pvp mechanics with pve deaths.

• Options
    Badde00 said:
    What will be the penalty of dying when not corrupt? Lose exp/levels, debuff and is the respawn time long or do you just move to a closeby location like in WoW?
    You do not lose levels when you die.  You gain negative XP.   You need to work off that xp debt in order to get back to your full efficiency.

Aderaen said:
    To be honest I just hope its not gonna be lost of items, maybe having different penalties depending if its a PvE or PvP death would be interesting so players can PvP with less downsides.

There are plenty of opportunities to PvP with no downsides (ie no corruption)  I did an entire video detailed the meaningful vs non meaningful PvP aspects of Ashes.   Its Ashes 101 - PVP on Youtube.

The rest, its risk vs reward.  
  • Options
    Sweet thanks @UnknownSystemError

• Options
    @Jahlon
    nice nice
  • Options
    If you die you join me in the great war not sure if thats good or bad but it happens
  • Options
    nagash said:
    If you die you join me in the great war not sure if thats good or bad but it happens
    When you pick your nose do your fingers often break off in a nostril?  Particularly when you are going deep?
  • Options
    Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    When you pick your nose do your fingers often break off in a nostril?  Particularly when you are going deep?
    I bet he sneezes green flame.
  • Options
    wait I thought he didn't have a nose.
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    wait I thought he didn't have a nose.
    He is in possession of a nasal bone however.
  • Options
    Some times i wonder why do I post 
  • Options
    You sound bone-tired my friend.
  • Options
    K we have a further clarification about pve death exp. For dungeons and raids the penalty will be adjusted. Whether this means open world dungeons and raids or just instanced dungeons and raids was not stated. It will still be present and along with gear decay should make dungeon and raid attempts more serious endeavors and less "LEEEEEROYYYY JEEEENKINNNNS!" When you know acting the fool costs your compatriots time sink and money, those that pull "just because I can, tank was taking too long!" will find themselves more and more isolated in their local areas.
  • Options
    Good, now just implement a few linear dungeons that can be repeated and let's ride this gravy train. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    If it's just several states of penalties at the moment, I really wish It was more dynamic. Since I'm more of a numbers guy =>
    I.e. if you died during open world PvE encounter it's say 100% experience penalty (certain % or number locked from your bar until you overcome it)
    the instanced raid encounter - 75%
    if it's PvP encounter with a regular player it's 50%
    if you were killing people and pissing them off it's variable - anything from 50% experience penalty to full loot - losing from one to all of your items equipped - from your slaughtered character (say if you killed ~100 players and escaped death).
    It's more or less our future being shaped at the moment, since I'm planning on playing the game alot, so I hope things will be able to get really weird, not being totally obnoxious at the same time. Let's see where it goes closer to December : D
  • Options
    Dolo said:
    If it's just several states of penalties at the moment, I really wish It was more dynamic. Since I'm more of a numbers guy =>
    I.e. if you died during open world PvE encounter it's say 100% experience penalty (certain % or number locked from your bar until you overcome it)
    the instanced raid encounter - 75%
    if it's PvP encounter with a regular player it's 50%
    if you were killing people and pissing them off it's variable - anything from 50% experience penalty to full loot - losing from one to all of your items equipped - from your slaughtered character (say if you killed ~100 players and escaped death).
    It's more or less our future being shaped at the moment, since I'm planning on playing the game alot, so I hope things will be able to get really weird, not being totally obnoxious at the same time. Let's see where it goes closer to December : D
    They have stated how the penalties in PVP will work pretty clearly. And that the PVE penalties will be adjusted for proximity to dungeons and raids, instanced or open world. Until next year and A2 we won't know any actual numbers and how hard hitting those are though. Once the corruption system is put in for testing we will get to see how easy or tough those numbers are, until they clarify more, the general stuff we have to go with is it.
  • Options
    Yuss, let's see how it enfolds and what state it reaches live in ^^
  • Options
    Dolo said:
    Yuss, let's see how it enfolds and what state it reaches live in ^^
    I would say a dead state but I will make do with a slightly alive state as well