Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Q&A Session at PAX 2018

Shadow  and his guild  was nice enough to type up the Q&A session with Intrepid Studio's  at the PAX 2018 Q&A session.  Lots of good info is within.   Enjoy

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11CBBkVweCmTLv75XpNMN5l-I-S9xsRNYjJ7GVMVXvJ0/edit?usp=sharing

or 

Q&A from the Hilton Hotel

Q:  Could you give more insight on the Necromancer class "death" spec?
A:  No info on death summoner...Summoner’s can do a siege summon. A mini game you can lose. If lost the summon attacks summoners or does AoE damage.

Q:  Why do hotdogs get sold in packages of 10 but hotdog buns get sold in packages of 8?
A:  Meatpackers sell by the pound and most hotdogs weigh a tenth of a pound. Buns are typically baked in eight roll pans. If you need them to come out even... purchase five bags of the 8 pack buns and four of the 10 pack hotdogs.
Q:  How do stats increase work, do they level up as your character levels up or do you get stat points to distribute to specific traits like intellect or strength?
A:  There will be the 6 basic attributes like str dex ect ect. It's a mix between auto stats and attributes and attributes affect everything. There are no useless attributes and they can be reset, not your auto level states though just points added to attributes.

Q:  Any info on exactly how second class influences first like if I go rogue/ranger what's the difference from ranger/rogue?
A:  I talked to Steven the mix classes I couldn't get a detailed information but we will be able to distinctly notice all types of classes and they will make them effectively different vs just changing like the main weapon. Ranger/Rogue will not play the same as Rogue/Ranger.

Q:  Do they plan on letting us reroll main/secondary classes at all?
A:  Primary is permanent but you can change your secondary through actions with an npc.

Q:  Will we be able to hire ourselves out for compensation ...personally/group/guild...to protect caravans?
A:  Yes, there are already guilds that do that. We’ll likely have NPCs as well available to hire for that purpose.

Q:  Is it all going to be holy/light healing or will they have elemental healing such as flame healing, water healing, and nature healing?
A:  No information on the elemental healing as of yet either they can't reveal that yet so they may have something in the works.

Q:  How will taunts work in pvp?
A:  The taunt system as of right now they are still tweaking it they got to figure out if they want the camera to pretty much possessed and have you target a single person if it will only affect tab targeting they're not on a percent sure yet on that they want you to be able to affect the battlefield but it's still in development.(edited)
Q:  Will you be able to inspect other players?
A:  Inspecting gear right now is in debate because they want the community to build memories and not get too crazy with people being obsessed with stats in proper gear so they are discussing how to work around that maybe a toggle system to allow people to look at your gear.

Q:  Is there a cap of negative experience?
A:  Dungeons and raids the xp penalty will be reduced. No word on a cap so we have to wait.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for this :3 
  • Options
    Would be smashing that semper fidelis if this was kiwifarms but like will have to suffice.
  • Options
    Mindseye said:

" ... Q:  Is it all going to be holy/light healing or will they have elemental healing such as flame healing, water healing, and nature healing?
    A:  No information on the elemental healing as of yet either they can't reveal that yet so they may have something in the works ... "

I am also glad someone asked this - I think this was something i wanted to personally ask them myself  : 3
  • Options
    Thanks for the effort and sharing the information!