Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

This does remind me of archeage what are your thoughts?

I love this, the videos, everything looks amazing. its like archeage on steroids

Comments

• Options
    Archeage is dying. I love this game because i love city upgrading and owning property in games. My goal is to have a freehold that will help new comers or help me make ingame money i will be focusing on crafting weapons if the game allows me to, which it will, but lets see how that goes.
  • Options
    Yep. Steven was a big fan of Archeage, so we can definitely expect it to have an Archeage influence. I think this is a good thing, there was alot to like about Archeage.
  • Options
    Archeage without the pay to win was a solid MMO on a positive track.  What ultimately killed it was their monetization and pay 2 win elements.
  • Options
    Yes archeage was pretty great i will not lie. It started off right but ultimately GREED too over. I mean im still playjng jt but as the time gets closer for alpha 2 i will slowly be leaving this is what a real MMO should be. I love every known aspect of this game already. I wish i knew about it earlier to get kisk starting stuff. But oh well its never to late to hop on the crazy train if you know what i mean!
  • Options
    ArcheAge in Alpha was a terrific game, then they ruined it.
  • Options
    I never played ArcheAge, but I just watched a video on youtube called 'death of a game'.. learned quite a bit about the game and can see the similarities. Seems pay to win killed that game with patch 1.2 (was it?). Anyway, good information and lesson leaned, well for other developers anyway. heh.. So glad Ashes isn't way to win.
  • Options
    dracdoc said:
    Archeage without the pay to win was a solid MMO on a positive track.  What ultimately killed it was their monetization and pay 2 win elements.
    And hacking and performance issues.  Much of my guild left after they added that expansion continent.  We went to war for a castle and the lag was brutal, screwed the whole thing up.  Then they had that issue with people hacking to be able to claim land before you could.
  • Options
    GEEZYPEE said:
    Archeage is dying. I love this game because i love city upgrading and owning property in games. My goal is to have a freehold that will help new comers or help me make ingame money i will be focusing on crafting weapons if the game allows me to, which it will, but lets see how that goes.
    Archeage is dead i thought, i mean1 player per 20 bots = dead imo

My first thought is that i have disagreed with the pvp crowed on  more then one occasion and had a civil discussion ( nothing like Archeages toxic group of flamers). So the community is far less toxic.  That said i see allot of the AA crowd coming here not limited to but including most of my old guild there. That is going to lead to problems of hacking and exploiting mostly i think to get around the karama system once most of that is fixed i think it has potential to smoke wow honestly. Look and feel is very non-AA as far as i have seen. 

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    That's a good thing I think. I loved archeage before it went downhill. This just gets better and better.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed having property, and farming haha. And racing with others to try and get more property.. AA was one of my favorite mmo's. Put alot of time into it. RIP
  • Options
    i loved the beta then i saw the gaint massive pay 2 win aspect and walked away.
  • Options
    I loved ArcheAge. I really did. Almost everything. But the gear and and monetary system was just too much. But everything else was just great, not revolutionary, not unique. But just well executed. God damn i miss that game. If Ashes is even half as good but without the p2w, I will probably stop playing everything else for this.
  • Options
    GEEZYPEE said:
    The cool thing about this game is helping newcomers means they'll likely stay with your region/city so it's actually something smart to do even if you're not just being nice. =D
  • Options
    I started noticing the similarities after a while and it has me excited. I really enjoyed Archeage but the pay to win destroyed it. If IS keeps to their word about their game store it will be awesome.
  • Options
    Kadin said:
    GEEZYPEE said:
    Archeage is dead i thought, i mean1 player per 20 bots = dead imo

My first thought is that i have disagreed with the pvp crowed on  more then one occasion and had a civil discussion ( nothing like Archeages toxic group of flamers). So the community is far less toxic.  That said i see allot of the AA crowd coming here not limited to but including most of my old guild there. That is going to lead to problems of hacking and exploiting mostly i think to get around the karama system once most of that is fixed i think it has potential to smoke wow honestly. Look and feel is very non-AA as far as i have seen. 

It is dead. I was on Kyrios server and was leader of a pretty well known pirate guild called DickensCider before our name was changed for obvious reasons ( didn't help that my character name was Justthetipofa either xD) to Disorderly Conduct. But any rate, logged in 4-5 months ago, sailed the ocean which was empty went to the old overland zones which were empty of any players for me to say um.. hello to of course.  I was even in Cinderstone Moors Housing area asking if anyone needed their farms watered...with blood I mean but that's normal you know.  And got nothing. No kills after 3 hours logged in. Plenty of trash talking in the world chat but no players in sight.  

That's what happens though when P2W is put into a game sadly, kills the player base.