Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My.com giving "gift"

Hey there, 

I just noticed my.com is giving a gift to players that subscribe to their newsletter.
Players will be given this gift on game release. According to the https://aoc.my.com Website.
They don't say what the gift itself is which I find strange.

I don't know about anyone else but for me this is already raising a red flag.
Just wanted to share my opinion and read what other people think of this.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    My first thought is Pokemon Mystery Gift everytime i read this tbh
    soo ... yeah .... its probably* something similar to that - still never signing up with My.Com* due to their security breaches  :/
  • Options

• Options
    It was obviously going to be a cosmetic, a small pet or something?  no biggie. As much as I’ve talked shit on my.com I think I’ll be calling EU servers home as don’t fancy the ping on NA :( May subscribe, more free stuff to add to my KS loot ! 
  • Options
    Free gift is nice, probably not something big, but still. Nice gesture. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    At least you get a choice. For me, it's North American servers or nothing since no South American servers announced.

• Options
    Santy182 said:
    At least you get a choice. For me, it's North American servers or nothing since no South American servers announced.

Feelsbadman :( 

Though, they haven't announced yet afaik all their server locations. There is still hope ;) 
  • Options
    Or the next best thing is getting south Florida Servers =P whch are still NA
  • Options
    I'm not sure how I feel about "free gifts" seems a little out of place to me. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    probably malware?
  • Options

• Options
    Okay, wait a minute... wasn't it supposed to be, that the EU and the NA cosmetics are identical? What is up with this free gift? Are the NA guys going to get it as well?
    I don't like this... for now it is just gift, later it is a my.com bundle that lets you get xp faster and so on...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    it's probably available on the NA cash shop on release too. But you will probably need to pay for it. They said that the monetization and items will be the same, but if the My.com side decides to take a cosmetic from the store and give it away for free nothing is stopping them. As long as the NA side has it available as well.
    You likely wont see boosters unless they are also available in the NA shop
  • Options
    Gifts don't concern me at this point. The best gift my.com could give us is not to f**k this up.
  • Options
    Pluto said:
    Hey there, 

I just noticed my.com is giving a gift to players that subscribe to their newsletter.
    Players will be given this gift on game release. According to the https://aoc.my.com Website.
    They don't say what the gift itself is which I find strange.

Just wanted to share my opinion and read what other people think of this.
    Thank you.
    TexTHKM said:
    Free gift is nice, probably not something big, but still. Nice gesture. 
     It’s something to appease the EU community due to my.com’s rep
  • Options
    Greetings friend. This is a small cosmetic accessory gift that Intrepid has made for the EU community. 
  • Options
    Just went to have a look at the new My.com AoC site clicked on the link and got a 403 error......................  Guess the free gift will be not being able to sign up at all lol.
  • Options
    Just went to have a look at the new My.com AoC site clicked on the link and got a 403 error......................  Guess the free gift will be not being able to sign up at all lol.

Probably just updating it. Check back in a moment. 
  • Options
    Thanks @TexTHKM.  I am not in any hurry just saw the tread and thought I would take a look.  Will be leaving it as late as possible to sign up so they can take their time and get dual authentication etc set up before I go gift hunting :wink:
  • Options
    Maybe a 'my.com' badge for our characters xD
  • Options
    Maybe a 'my.com' badge for our characters xD
    Mine!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Good old My.com game game not even out and the website is just as stable as there servers. If i knew this in advange i would probarly have just backed a basic pack.
    Can only hope they dont mess this up.
  • Options
    Pluto said:

How is it a red flag to offer people a gift for subbing to a newsletter?

I swear that my.com could donate all proceeds from AoC to a cancer trust and some people would still complain.
  • Options
    Wonderboy said:
    Pluto said:

How is it a red flag to offer people a gift for subbing to a newsletter?

I swear that my.com could donate all proceeds from AoC to a cancer trust and some people would still complain.
    I could see that happening 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Steven already confirmed it was a small gift made by Intrepid Studios as a comsetic for EU players. Mycom is just releasing it, they didnt create it or put it in there unilateraly.

Its just a goodwill sign. 👍🏻😁

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Personally Im all for it. The different regions getting cool stuff is nice.

NA gets will have Stevens home made sandal cosmetics so its all good 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    The My.com and mailru sites underwent a soft launch this last weekend. It has been taken down for maintenance, and will be up again soon tm
  • Options
    The gift will be a cash shop ninja patch. 
  • Options
    Trem said:
    Okay, wait a minute... wasn't it supposed to be, that the EU and the NA cosmetics are identical? What is up with this free gift? Are the NA guys going to get it as well?
    I don't like this... for now it is just gift, later it is a my.com bundle that lets you get xp faster and so on...
    Perhaps you would prefer if my.com was the publisher in NA?

Then you can get a free gift too :p

• Options
    Definitely needs to be clarified. My.com has my gaming email from back in the day when I played Skyforge for a couple months. They don't have my payment info. So as a non-EU player can I sign up for this free gift and get it sent to my normal Ashes account? Or will it only be applied to "My.com Ashes EU" accounts?
  • Options
    From my limited understanding is that once you sign up for My.com then it forwards your account here to there. Not sure if your account can be swapped back or what. So getting your Ashes of Creation account from this site to there might not be worth it. Even for a small gift.