Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

NA Publisher

I know EU is my.com but who are NA I live in UK but will be playing on NA as my gaming buddy lives in Australia so we are meeting in the middle sort of 

Comments

• Options
    the plan is for intrepid to self-publishing NA. But keep in mind that was the plan for EU as well and it didn't end up being the case. so Who knows.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    I’m pretty sure they’ll be able to self-publish in NA.  Remember that one of the big reasons to give in and seek a third-party publisher in the EU was so that they could launch in the EU and NA simultaneously.  You wouldn’t do that if you didn’t already had the NA side taken care of.

What’s less certain is how the rest of the world outside EU/NA will be published.  I assume IS can handle it themselves but I haven’t seen anything.  I’m hoping that people in, say, SE Asia don’t have to connect to either EU or NA because they’ll have some awful ping times.
  • Options
    Atama said:
    I’m pretty sure they’ll be able to self-publish in NA.  Remember that one of the big reasons to give in and seek a third-party publisher in the EU was so that they could launch in the EU and NA simultaneously.  You wouldn’t do that if you didn’t already had the NA side taken care of.

What’s less certain is how the rest of the world outside EU/NA will be published.  I assume IS can handle it themselves but I haven’t seen anything.  I’m hoping that people in, say, SE Asia don’t have to connect to either EU or NA because they’ll have some awful ping times.
    This is exactly my concern, as an OCE player. Early on Steven did say that there would be OCE servers, yet I think that was walked back to if there is enough interest. One of the things that attracted me to AOC was the promise of OCE servers, now while I would be bitterly disappointed if this did not come to fruition I wont throw the toys out of the cot as some seem to do, and would just have to resign myself to being less than competitive in pvp with 300+ ping. I have been playing ESO since launch and you really do notice your attacks missing their target due to ping.

I do realise that as soon as there is some information regarding possible OCE servers and publisher it will be revealed, the cogs are no doubt in motion so here is hoping for some news soon.
  • Options
    For NA they plan to self-publish and I doubt this will change.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    If they do change that, I will probably lose interest in the game. At least EU generally has GDPR protections and are fighting against lootbox crap and at least try to care about their population.
  • Options
    I think the hint is in the name...Ashes of CrEAtion  0_o
  • Options
    If they do change that, I will probably lose interest in the game. At least EU generally has GDPR protections and are fighting against lootbox crap and at least try to care about their population.
    Highly highly doubt they won't self-publish in NA there's nothing complicated about it like EU
  • Options
    Your GDPR and fighting against the "lootbox crap" would apply even if they self-publish in the EU

• Options
    LOL, you were rEAching there. :D
  • Options
    Atama said:
    LOL, you were rEAching there. :D
    :)