Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question About this games identity

I Have had a slight eye on this game nothing too heavy because of a severe fear of putting my heart and love for the MMO Genre on the table again just to get it crushed I.e Archeage,BDO
both innovative game's proving that the genre was evolving and both killed by the exact same thing 

And i have seen some footage recently that has sparked my interest in this game's future but what is it? ive seen alot of footage that seems too play like more of a third person shooter alot of it seems like warframe and i hear that theirs gonna be a horde mode? and a battle royale and so is this an MMO? or what is this game someone interested in helping me i would appreciate it the more i read the more i watch i can't actually figure out what this is

Thank you all in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    There are three phases of Alpha 1.

Phase 1: The over the shoulder battle royale style gameplay, to test the action combat style mechanics with a real playerbase.

Phase 2: A 100vs100 attack/defense style gameplay, testing castle siege gameplay.

Phase 3: An attack/defense style gameplay, were half the players are defending, and half are attacking monsters, testing the horde style gameplay.

Alpha 2 is going to be your standard first 25 levels, quarter of the map etc style of Alpha.

In the end, the devs want a tab target/action gameplay hybrid system. This will be an mmorpg, where these other modes (br, siege, horde) will be included.

I believe that's the gist of it.
  • Options
    This is a full fledged MMORPG, those modes you heard about will be testing scenarios they will use during Alpha 1 Phase 1 in order to make sure the action side of the combat feels good. Some may make it to release, some may not, Sieges, and horde are pretty much confirmed but who knows what will happen during testing.

Bear in mind the combat will not be purelly action nor will it be purely tab target, it will be a mix of the two enabling the player to pick skills and talents that push him more towards one side to the other.
  • Options

• Options
    Krojak said:
    There are three phases of Alpha 1.

Phase 1: The over the shoulder battle royale style gameplay, to test the action combat style mechanics with a real playerbase.

Phase 2: A 100vs100 attack/defense style gameplay, testing castle siege gameplay.

Phase 3: An attack/defense style gameplay, were half the players are defending, and half are attacking monsters, testing the horde style gameplay.

Alpha 2 is going to be your standard first 25 levels, quarter of the map etc style of Alpha.

In the end, the devs want a tab target/action gameplay hybrid system. This will be an mmorpg, where these other modes (br, siege, horde) will be included.

I believe that's the gist of it.
    Up to level 20...just a slight correction.  

Welcome to the forums @fluffychrist
  • Options
    Actually if we want to get techinical then A2 is not as described. It goes A1 Phase 1 which is the 3 "phases" that Krojak described. This is primarily focused on action combat. Then come A1 Phase 2. That is persistent characters up to level 20 and a quarter of the map with the integration of tab and action combat. A2 will be after that, no announced date but most likely late Q2. That will have almost all the bells and whistles in it, corruption/flagging system, crafting, secondary classes and much more. This will be followed by B1 and B2 which have been said will be mainly for bug squashing and polish. Then launch before 2020. Need to be clear on those phases because someone may think they have A2 access and believe they are getting into A1P2 which is not the case.
  • Options
    Its not an MMORPG dude, its a MOBAMMORPGRTSTCG+Battle Royale all in one.  :#>:)>:)
  • Options
    Greetings from Oceania and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!
  • Options
    And i have seen some footage recently that has sparked my interest in this game's future but what is it? ive seen alot of footage that seems too play like more of a third person shooter alot of it seems like warframe and i hear that theirs gonna be a horde mode? and a battle royale and so is this an MMO? or what is this game someone interested in helping me i would appreciate it the more i read the more i watch i can't actually figure out what this is
    That's called hype-driven development. They put everything from the nowdays hyped mechanism, hoping that it will carry the game to success.

Although MMO only means that there are loots of players who play online, it ain't describes the game style, so it can be even a minesweeper.
    MMORPG is the world that you are looking for.
  • Options
    A new king sits upon the throne.
  • Options
    look best i can say is this is going to amazing, i fully believe in Stevens Vision, i never seen a game quite like this one. And welcome to the community!