Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild member cap

what is the guild member limit? im pretty sure as the guild levels up it will unlock more slots. i may have 3 guilds from another game come in as one if possible. 30+ members each. and maybe some outsiders

Comments

• Options
    Intrepid hasn't confirmed what the member cap number will be at launch.  Guess we still have to wait and see.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    "It's important to note that the 300 is the maximum cap that is attained by leveling the guild and selecting the path of size as opposed to the path of guild skills. So the larger you choose to allow for members to join your guild, increasing that member cap, the less focused and honed the available skill options will be from a guild level up perspective for guild members. So the way that kind of works is it plays as a balance/counterbalance to larger guilds versus smaller more honed and focused guilds. It kind of gives them an equitable edge of participation"

Oh also forgot to add I think there was quote alliances can be used to create larger guilds but dont quote me I am not sure and cant find it.
  • Options
    "by leveling the guild" maybe starts at 50, -> then 100, 150,200,250->300? 50 slots per level? interesting. thank you
  • Options
    i dont want to bring in too many people and not have them fit. i guess if we can do alliances, would be great too. keep the pvp oriented players in 1, economy based players on the other, and i guess the 3rd just randoms, or new players waiting for a slot on the main guild.
  • Options
    alliances are confirmed, and even though alliances don't have a member cap, they do have a guild cap.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    I think 50 should be the cap at max guild lv.
    4 guilds per alliance.
    Only max lv guilds should form/join alliance.
    Only max lv guilds can own castles.

This way imo will prevent mega guilds and boring 2 side only wars.

This way imo we will see a lot more meaningful banners that can make their true path on the server, indepentently.

In Line][Age, my best mmorpg I recount 30-40 real active guilds with real people,
    6 Major alliances
    3-4 GREAT alliance wars that engulfed the whole server over 5 years.
  • Options
    Yup as mentioned 300 is the cap if you choose quantity over quality. We do not have the skill list as of yet so we do not know the depth of said quality yet.
  • Options
    4 guilds per alliance.

This way imo we will see a lot more meaningful banners that can make their true path on the server, indepentently.

In Line][Age, my best mmorpg I recount 30-40 real active guilds with real people,
    6 Major alliances

I don't think content should be blocked by the devs for less than "max level" guilds.
    I think all guilds should be able to participate in all things guild. If a max level guild happens to be able to take and own a castle, good for them.

I'm not sure how this would prevent mega guilds, it just prevents less than max level guilds from doing potentially fun content. Unless you are talking about the 50 person cap. I am not a guildie, but it seems like a 50 person cap would kill some bigger guilds that are bringing hundreds of players to bro-together. And a total allegiance size of 100 seems weak.

I'm also not sure how this would allow for more guilds to forge a path. In fact, only guilds that go to max level would be able to have a castle, so less than max level guilds wouldn't be able to forge a path in that manner at all.

I don't want to be on a server that somehow ends up just being constant guild wars while feeling like they encompass the whole server. That really only seems fun for the guild members involved in that war.

TL/DR: I like the 300max cap and don't think content should be limited to guilds based on their level.
  • Options
    Castle Siege:
    Imperium max lv guild with 300 people joins as attacker.
    Imperium2 lv1 guild joins with 75 as attacker
    Imperium3 lv1 guild joins with 75 as attacker
    Imperium4 lv1 guild joins with 75 as attacker
    Imperium5 lv1 guild joins with 75 as attacker.
    One leader

Nemesis1 2 3 4 5 joins as defender.

Now let's look at a different scenario.

Samcro max lv guild with 50 people join as attacker. One leader
    Mayans lv 3 guild with 40 people join as attacker. One leader.
    Niners lv 4 guild with 40 people join as attacker. One leader.
    TheKingsOfRebelion max lv guild with 50 people join as attacker. One leader.
    LasLocosCartel max lv guild with 50 people join as attacker. One leader.
    All of these guilds have put effort to increase their guild lv. All these guilds members proud for contributing. Out of these guild leaders one of them is the leader of the whole alliance.

Vikings max lv guild joins with 50 as attacker. One leader. 
    GameOfThrones max lv guild joins with 50 as attacker. One leader.
    One alliance. 

TheWire max lv guild joins with 50 as attacker. One leader no affiliation.

Guild X Y Z A B C. They join as defenders.

Real guilds. Real memberships. Real alliances of indepented guilds that come together or fall appart depending the relationships.
    No mega guilds. 
    If a Imperium wants to become a mega guild in order for one sole player to be the leader of 3500 people, or in my numbers 50x4=200, let those members in those guilds devote time in order to increase guild lv and increase their army that they can bring in the siege under a single guild name.

I played eso for 3.5 years.
    I was in a PvP guild with 400 people. I pkayed with 2 more of them in addition to my inrl friends.
    I was in a PvE guild. 400 members. I was part of a 12-15 group. Never played with any of the other guild members.

Tldr
    Large member capacity takes away the feeling of being in a guild. 
    Guild member restrictions and guild lv restrictions prevent mega guilds.

• Options
    Azathoth said:
    4 guilds per alliance.

6 Major alliances

I don't think content should be blocked by the devs for less than "max level" guilds.
    I think all guilds should be able to participate in all things guild. If a max level guild happens to be able to take and own a castle, good for them.

I'm not sure how this would prevent mega guilds, it just prevents less than max level guilds from doing potentially fun content. Unless you are talking about the 50 person cap. I am not a guildie, but it seems like a 50 person cap would kill some bigger guilds that are bringing hundreds of players to bro-together. And a total allegiance size of 100 seems weak.

I'm also not sure how this would allow for more guilds to forge a path. In fact, only guilds that go to max level would be able to have a castle, so less than max level guilds wouldn't be able to forge a path in that manner at all.

I don't want to be on a server that somehow ends up just being constant guild wars while feeling like they encompass the whole server. That really only seems fun for the guild members involved in that war.

TL/DR: I like the 300max cap and don't think content should be limited to guilds based on their level.
    This.

There are many different playstyles out there and content should not be limited to reaching max guild level that some guilds don't even need.

I've seen plenty of guilds that focus on a low member count (50 and less), but focus on teamwork and cooperation. Such guilds are often stronger than 100-man zerg guilds.

Why would such a team need to reach max level and unlock 300 slots if they are only going to use 50?
  • Options
    @gb1990gaming
    I'm not sure what the example was meant to show, because any of those scenarios are possible with the current (as is known) guild system.

I think 3500 is a bit big, and with membership cap that's a minimum of 12 guilds forming an alliance. You think a single 3500 member guild would be better that 12 smaller guilds? That seems to go against your no mega-guilds approach. You point out your example would be 200 people, but I don't consider that a mega-guild on a server of ~10,000.

As for large guild capacity taking away from being in a guild, a guild of 300 would have to grow so some of the members (especially early members) would feel like they were still in a guild. Also, don't join a guild of more than 50 people if that's the guild size you prefer.

I understand your preference, but wanting smaller caps to accommodate your preference seems odd. Other real players with real memberships that form real alliances have other preferences. 
  • Options
    Guild cap does NOT increase only by leveling the guild. You need to spend your guild points towards increasing maximum member cap of your guild or you can spend them elsewhere.
  • Options
    GEEZYPEE said:
    what is the guild member limit? im pretty sure as the guild levels up it will unlock more slots. i may have 3 guilds from another game come in as one if possible. 30+ members each. and maybe some outsiders
    im pretty sure Steven remembers the problems in archeage created by unlimited guilds and AoC will not revisit those types of issues. While i dont trust the pvp system to work the way the devs hope i do trust that having those experiences will lead them to create a guild system that fosters competition rather then the server domination  we have seen in AA or other games like it.
  • Options
    It could be better to break it up into divisions and form an alliance
  • Options
    Nothing confirmed yet :/ 
  • Options
    You can have 300 members in a guild and  only 10 online.  
    1. I don't think there should be a limitation based  on membership.  
    2. You should consider the guild a 'pool' of potential players.   
    3. The guild leaders should make the rules that fit the guilds play-style and temperament.
  • Options
    that is nuts. i just came back to this, But we should keep tabs on Mega Guilds, it takes 1 person to Get that 1 person in charge of  a ton of people to cause blood shed i hope the team will add punishments to those who feel over powered and push everyone away from the game. Im all in for pvp but not a day to day battle because 1 sorry loser has a tantrum. Sorry not Sorry
  • Options
    Yeah they really should keep mega guilds in check, I remember the ones on Archeage like Oran Thul which had 1k+ membership and they just killed their server faster than the P2W lol
  • Options
    To infinity and beyond!
  • Options
    Crymoar said:
    To infinity and beyond!
    AGREED!
  • Options
    Crymoar said:
    To infinity and beyond!
    this is so beautiful  :'(
  • Options
    Cap should be 320... Then using diversity laws.. you can not have more then 5 of any one class.. (5*64)... :P 
  • Options
    guild should me unlimited. but only 20 people online at all times XD

• Options
    GEEZYPEE said:
    guild should me unlimited. but only 20 people online at all times XD

LOL, been in too many guilds like that over the years XD currently playing Tera on xbox with a bunch of friends and we have 15-20 people online at a time during our slow times between 1 am and 9 am CST and around 50 online constantly the rest of the time. Stay up late and sleep late right? :D
  • Options
    damn RIP AoC if they do that

• Options
    its looking great so far! lets not ruin it hahahah