Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Combat - the most important feature of any MMORPG. It HAS to be done right. Solutions to problems.

2»

Comments

• Question Regarding PVP Interactions
    ------------
    Given: I am a Green Non-Combatant Healer.  I come across a Combatant (Purple) attacking a Non-Combatant (Green).  From what I know, that Purple Combatant will thus convert to a Corrupted (if they kill the Green).

Circumstance:
    What happens to my Green Non-Combatant status if I heal the Combatant (Purple)?  Do I merely flag to Combatant (Purple) because I interacted with a player in combat?  Or do I convert straight to Corrupted, along with the Purple Combatant, who is battling, and possibly killed that innocent Green Non-Combatant?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    RJFlute said:
    Question Regarding PVP Interactions
    ------------
    Given: I am a Green Non-Combatant Healer.  I come across a Combatant (Purple) attacking a Non-Combatant (Green).  From what I know, that Purple Combatant will thus convert to a Corrupted (if they kill the Green).

Circumstance:
    What happens to my Green Non-Combatant status if I heal the Combatant (Purple)?  Do I merely flag to Combatant (Purple) because I interacted with a player in combat?  Or do I convert straight to Corrupted, along with the Purple Combatant, who is battling, and possibly killed that innocent Green Non-Combatant?
    Has been confirmed that you will flag Purple. What has not been confirmed is that if you heal someone purple if you take their "tag" also. They have yet to say how they are going to determine "kill credit" for corruption. If they go with whoever lands the deathblow, you are going to see people smacking on greens with a high level, then finishing them off with a lower level throwaway corruption alt.(As in two person gank squads at a minimum, higher levels to smack em and hold em, and a lower level to take the hit) Most likely there will be a timer on the flagging. Once you have attacked that green, if they die within a certain amount of time, everyone who "forced flag" on them will get corruption. Once again, they have not confirmed that mechanic, but you may very well end up red if the person you are healing turns red.

Another circumstance they need to address is gear decay through pvp actions. For me a more effective way to harass and grief an afk green would be to smack on them, then heal them if possible, or have someone like yourself heal them. Rinse and repeat till their shit is broken and costs them currency to repair. Since you are healing the green, you wouldn't flag purple if you were the second person in that scenario.
  •  Personally believe in any interaction with players in combat should flag and gain corruption if you aid to the PKer SOOO GOING TO LOVE PK, MOO HA HA🎃☠️🏹🕷🕸🐾🔪💋🤡
  • I really hope that a vast majority of the secondary class skills are skill shot based so that there is an obvious skill curve to all the classes. I REALLY despise tab target game play because it feels like as long as you know how to rotate skills on cd in specific ways you will do tons of damage and position well to not take lethal damage...