[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Personality-based player character animations

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
One thing that’s always annoyed me about character creation in mmos is how the devs end up forcing a personality onto the character based on their race and gender. They try to mitigate this by adding character voice options but this only goes so far and can sometimes make the character feel more disjointed specifically because of how they don’t match up with the character’s animations.
But since the AoC team seems rather keen on making character creation as customizable as possible, I really hope they consider (assuming they haven’t already) giving us multiple animation “packs” based on personality instead of race or gender to choose from, each one having its own unique animations for walking, idling, sitting, and other non-combat animations. I know that this is something that’d take a bit more resources, but I think it would really add that extra bit of immersion, especially for roleplayers!

Comments

• Always up for more choices. B)
  • Great idea. Lot of work. Personality is a very 'rp' element for a game to have so while it would suit Ashes to a T the amount of work they would need to put in to create different personalities is baffling, maybe in the future.
  • I know that this is something that’d take a bit more resources, but I think it would really add that extra bit of immersion, especially for roleplayers!
    Yeah, the problem is that it's not "bit" more, it's much more. Quality 3d animating/modelling work is expensive, very expensive.