Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Sharing Keys?

Can backers share keys to folks that may have no interest in playing AOC? In other words, if I have 10 certain keys, can I gift them to friends on Facebook, that may become AOC fans?  How do we do that?  Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    If you are talking about the beta keys from Kickstarter, I'm sure they are to give out.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    If you are talking about the beta keys from Kickstarter, I'm sure they are to give out.
    Exactly, if you received beta keys the whole point is that Intrepid wants you to share them, not so that you can create 10 beta accounts for yourself.
  • Options
    Atama said:
    T-Elf said:
    Exactly, if you received beta keys the whole point is that Intrepid wants you to share them, not so that you can create 10 beta accounts for yourself.
    Lol, why would someone do that? Beta is going to be short from what we know. Mainly bug polishing and a final pass to catch stuff before launch. Since everything during testing has been stated multiple times to be wiped there is no advantage to giving the beta keys to yourself. At launch those "free beta" accounts would still have to be paid for unlike your main account. (someone who has 10 keys to give away has a lifetime sub) so you would be paying $150 dollars a month if you kept 10 accounts. Now that I think about it and the way the internet works, there is sure to be some edgelord that tries. Party on!
  • Options
    Well hardly going to hoard all those keys xD, so yeah you probably can do it :3
  • Options
    I still don't understand. Let's say I am a leader of men and am allotted keys (in three parts plus a bonus question). First, when will I know the keys are available for distribution?  Second, how do I access the correct information to facilitate sharing, and … Third, what are the mechanics (or mode) for sharing?  In other words, do I send a code to an e-mail for them to login?  Enquiring old farts want to know.  The boner question is, how do I share my good fortune with potential guildees (like that cool guild house, barding, and capes)?  Thank you in advance, Skaff.  
  • Options
    The only part I can definitively answer is that the keys are each a series of characters that can be attached to an account created on this site, which gives that account access to beta.  You just go into the account info on this site and there’s a place where you can type in a key code.  I know this because that’s how I attached the keys I’ve been given for my personal use.

I assume when the time comes you’ll just be given a list of keys and you can do whatever you want with them.  Once a key is used, it’s tied to that account forever and can’t be attached to another account.

And I assume you’ll get them when we get close to beta, which is quite some time from now.