Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What is your main reason to play MMOs?

Comments

• Dygz said:
    Wow! You just left roleplaying out completely!
    That's impressive!
    I know I mean its not like roleplaying is a part of roleplaying games
  • Actually none of the above  B)  For me it's more like quality: game design, story, dialogue system, environment, immersion, element of surprise, character creation  design/animation/interaction, engaging game play diversity and progression system.

So far I liked SWTOR and still playing ESO (although dialogue system is bad, none of played characters talk which is greatly disappointing)

Played: Arche Age /2-3 days, Skyforge /about 10 days, Star Citizen /5 days. Although  these games look good they are very boring and monotonous.
  • nagash said:
    Dygz said:
    That's impressive!
    I know I mean its not like roleplaying is a part of roleplaying games
    ...shoot me plz
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Giftedfox said:
    Everyone has their own reasons to play MMOs. Wither you are experience player back from EverQuest or brand new to the whole deal, everyone has their own way to play.

World domination. Even when I don't know what I am doing i will aim for world domination. At least it keeps me busy for the entire game.
  • I love the social aspect of MMORPG's. Unfortunately this aspect is getting removed more and more.  I really hope that AoC will change that, I want to meet new people and have good conversations while doing quests. I miss that :(
  • Teamwork. In that you can work together with others to build or accomplish something cool.  Then usually the devs sell out to pvp crowd and you find a new game.
  • I don't really care about MMO's that much, the question should be what is the main reason you want to play this MMO.

That's a hard question to answer, I'm looking forward to a few things

Exploring the world, and hunt for rare herbs, treasures, items that could unlock unique skill modifiers if they exist.

Leveling up a Divine Node and go up a religions ranks

Getting a freehold built.

Some PvP perhaps.

I've been away from MMO's for awhile, I just get bored with the same old MMO activities.

• -detailed/varied character development system(very rare in modern mmos)
    -character/class design (+class lore etc.)
    -Pvp/pve dinamism
  • I started back in the day playing MUDs because it allowed me to be somebody else. Even if that somebody was a more skilled, better looking version of myself. I think that is lacking in most modern MMOs, I am kind of hoping for more of the roleplay in the game and less of the scrambling for metas
  • to smoke bad guilds and make them regret logging in
  • Easy said:
    to smoke bad guilds and make them regret logging in
    did no one tell you smoking is bad for your health 
  • nagash said:
    Easy said:
    to smoke bad guilds and make them regret logging in
    did no one tell you smoking is bad for your health 
    Image result for its time to stop meme
  • I play primarily PvE based content, Dungeons/Raids, questing for story/lore, and to a lesser degree crafting/gathering.  I dabble in PvP but it's always a afterthought.
  • Main Reason? I love all aspects but for Trolling and Ganking. Not many games offer the scale, complexity, and player connectivity mmo's offer.

• Should be obvious for me.
  • I like the communities mmorpgs create and how you can get a group of people and tackle a huge monster or defend your land/domain of influence. I love all aspects of mmorpgs from RPing to Guilds and PvP!
  • Saying as much as possible with as little worn as possible. =p
  • PvP just has a certain feeling to it in mmorpgs that I like probably the fantasy setting and the chance of making a name for yourselve in a giant world where other players heard storys about you thus think twice before attacking you just feels so powerfull!  B)
  • I Voted guild/friends, but really for me is all of the above. not role playing lol we can do that in real life hahahaha. for free XD. Now the reason i say this is, MMO is like a second life. you might say why? well, you meet new people who share common interests, you get mad at them, and you forgive. In my military service all we did was joke around and play games to pass time during, *Certain Circumstances*, and when i left.... i took that part home as i would be saying good bye to all my battle buddies who made it. Even though i have contact with them today, we don't see each other and these long distance friendships are some what identical to those of my new friends who have become apart of my life while playing MMO's or just online games in general. MMO's also give me (or i should say i have the opportunity to guide a guild, into the right direction) a chance to lead people as i did and help them out with in game problems and how to solve them and play together. For me MMO's just clear my mind a little bit and gives it joy and sunshine. ive been playing MMO's before my service, but my view changed after. With crafting, to gathering, to everything a MMO has to offer, it looks like im living a second life, a second life where i could control the outcome with little to no penalties compared to irl. But above all reasons, im a people person, and what drives me to keep playing MMO's is knowing and learning the people next to you. Like they say it is about the men and women next to you. Hooah!
  • Above all else MMOs (should be) a social experience.

The gameplay is an excuse to get together and do stuff.
  • Dygz said:
    That's impressive!
    That could conceivably fall under Guild/Friends since role playing is an elective activity not directly supported by most game systems and takes willing participants to act / role play and stay 'in character' in game.....

• Hopefully in this game we will be needed. Crafting has been sorely neglected in most MMO's.
  • I will be a good game
  • I chose Crafting/Building but it would be a combination of that, Collecting Rare Loot (When I played WoW I basically spent all the time looking for dungeons with weird loot) and Guild/Friends
  • From day one I'm hoping we have guild progression that is as deep and impactful as advancing our own characters. 
  • Crymoar said:
    Dygz said:
    That's impressive!
    That could conceivably fall under Guild/Friends since role playing is an elective activity not directly supported by most game systems and takes willing participants to act / role play and stay 'in character' in game.....

No. Roleplaying really has little to do with Guild/Friends.
    If you think roleplaying falls under Guild/Friends, it's just as well to have Guild/Friends as the only option.
  • Every other genre of game is shit and boring, in my opinion.
  • Comunity is a thing that can hook me to game for eternity
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    PVE.  I love exploring, questing and learning the lore of a game world.  I love crafting too.  A game has to have a good story to keep me interested.  I'm not playing just to blow stuff up or kill people.  I want to be immersed into the world and to feel a part of it.  Gaming is an escape for me.  It's a way to be able to have adventures, make friends and be the hero in an epic story.  That's why I game.