Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha Test?

Someone told me on another forum there is an Alpha test that started September 7th?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Its not really an alpha test as such.
    It sits after Alpha 0 and before Alpha 1.
    This is a stress test to get the hardware stable before alpha 1 starts.

They are using users for this purpose by investment amount tier and then order of backing.
    They could have just hand picked people and kept it all behind closed doors if you prefer.
  • Options
    And it is not like it was any real thing where people are playing all the time. There was a couple hour window where those that managed to finish the download got to test before it was shut down and they haven't had one since. It was under visual NDA, so people are free to talk about their impressions, but since there was such a small pool of high tier backers that got the first invites, no one is really talking about it much. The one scheduled for this coming weekend looks to be much larger. The week after that should have most of the KS, Summer, and some of the package people that have A1 access as part of their packages. And by the week after that, the entire 10k should have their credentials and the servers will be up more frequently for testing.
  • Options
    And it is not like it was any real thing where people are playing all the time. There was a couple hour window where those that managed to finish the download got to test before it was shut down and they haven't had one since. It was under visual NDA, so people are free to talk about their impressions, but since there was such a small pool of high tier backers that got the first invites, no one is really talking about it much. The one scheduled for this coming weekend looks to be much larger. The week after that should have most of the KS, Summer, and some of the package people that have A1 access as part of their packages. And by the week after that, the entire 10k should have their credentials and the servers will be up more frequently for testing.
    Exactly,  also take note it was "stress" test ie if you were expecting fun you came to wrong place (even if I masochist enjoyed it). Most of time we spent in queue, crashing or restarting the launcher. I think I got like 2 matches.