Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Off-topic Section?

I'm wondering if there is any particular reason why the AoC forums does not have an off-topic section? A section where the community can just chat about whatever and get to know each other better.

Did we have an off-topic section in the past?

Comments

• Options
    As far as I know, there has never been an off-topic area. the only area that you could possibly say is off topic is the tavern but I see that more as roleplay area. It would be nice to have a place where we can just relax and talk about unlife and how filthy mortals are ^^ 
  • Options
    While it is missing as a forum section, offtopic is pretty much what the discord is for.
  • Options
    FliP said:
    While it is missing as a forum section, offtopic is pretty much what the discord is for.
    Yah, I expected someone to eventually mention discord. I personally don't like using discord, and it really isn't a substitute for an off-topic forum where you can have various threads etc.

I'm sure plenty of people enjoy using discord, but it just isn't my thing. I will use it for in-game guild communication, but thats about it.
  • Options
    LithiusV said:
    FliP said:
    Yah, I expected someone to eventually mention discord. I personally don't like using discord, and it really isn't a substitute for an off-topic forum where you can have various threads etc.

I'm sure plenty of people enjoy using discord, but it just isn't my thing. I will use it for in-game guild communication, but thats about it.
    Same. All Discord is good for is to chat, short term discussions. While Discord fanboys will say "You can scroll up or even pin posts for easier finding", most people do not want to scroll through a forest of nonsense.

Discord will never be as convenient as a forum in which you always know where to find the information you need and discussions are sorted in topics, so everyone can read what has been said and state his opinion about the matter.

While the official forum does not have offtopic, there are community sites that have them, aoc dungeon for instance.
  • Options
    Discords cool and all, but I agree, an Off-Topic area on the Forums here would be really nice.
  • Options
    Forum is love forum is unlife ^^
  • Options
    Private chat function is there I suppose, other than that Discord is a place for open discussions of this kind :3