Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Tulnar question

Tulnar

Z9tvcRspng

• Underrealm Race
  • Culmination/Combination of the major races and some of the minor races that existed before[3] [4]
  • Will be able to dial up which type of attributes come to the forefront of your character[3]
    • Reptilian, mammal, human, etc
This in the wiki, does it mean I will get to have Digitigrade legs like the Charr in the guild wars world?

Comments

• This is all we know thus far. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Tulnar.
  • All I know is they were changed by the corruption while also staying sane.
  • *wince* I just hope it's not a Scooby Doo style of man in a mask monster look.
  • Ever see the movie The Descent? I'm imagining those guys. :)
  • It doesn't look like multiple appendages (outside 2 legs, 2 arms, tail) are an option, but for your preference I hope they are!
  • *wince* I just hope it's not a Scooby Doo style of man in a mask monster look.
    I was thinking more like beast men 

• I was thinking more Medium sized Kobolds
  • I’m thinking something like the Argonians and Khajiit from Elder Scrolls, but with more animal options.
  • Im thinking red crystals bursting from their skin ...whilst still maintaining a robust sense of humour.
  • nagash said:
    All I know is they were changed by the corruption while also staying sane.
    And by inter-breeding :3
  • I kind of want to see a Tulnar skeleton.
  • sunfrog said:
    I kind of want to see a Tulnar skeleton.
    I had to double check to make sure that wasn’t Nagash posting.  Then again he’d be more assertive about it.
  • Atama said:
    I’m thinking something like the Argonians and Khajiit from Elder Scrolls, but with more animal options.
    I hope not. They're a human body with tail and mask popped on. I'd like something like this...

• nagash said:
    All I know is they were changed by the corruption while also staying sane.
    I could be wrong but don't believe this is true. Our ancestors were a combination of different races, similar to what the corrupted bird people used to be. Only thing that has really caused us to change is us being stuck living together.

At this point, i don't think we have any good idea of what tulnar will be besides reptilian and mammalian. The concepts they gave us during kickstarter are probably outdated.
  • Atama said:
    I’m thinking something like the Argonians and Khajiit from Elder Scrolls, but with more animal options.
    This is exactly what I was thinking too. Basically a catch all race for everything not caught in the classic four.
  • From the customization that the devs mention in the tulnar wiki, seems you will have a wide variety of mutations from fur to scales to more humanoid. So I don’t know if there is a theme between the tulnar or if that is the name for anything that isn’t obviously human, dwarf, or elf etc..
  • Tulnar finally revealed