Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Oceanic realms?

Has there been any word on what will happen with Oceanic regions?

I play wow at 10ms, and GW2 at roughly 220 ms (which can be manageable because the game is optimised well, unlike FFXIV which feels almost unplayable while having a lower ping!) - but my concern is specifically with aiming projectiles vs players at 1/20th my ping, is there going to be some kind of optimisation to minimise this, or will all Oceanic players be grouped together to miss all their projectiles together etc?

Comments

• Options
    There are a handful of servers as part of “head start”.  Steven confirmed one of them is OCE.  That’s confirrmation right there that at launch they will have servers in that region.  So you’re good. :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Yes, while we have it confirmed that there will be OCE/SEA servers, they have not confirmed that they will self-publish in that region. Just a firm probably. Every action taken in EU however leads to the confirmation of a same time worldwide release as the overarching goal serverwise. Where they physically locate the cloud servers for ping issues has not been released yet. Could be Australia, could just as easily be Singapore, Japan, or Korea. We do know from latest population statements that 50% are NA accounts, 35% are EU, and 15% are "everything else." So if you want to make sure that they are located as close as possible to your particular country, get out there and build hype in your region so that when they look at the demographics they say, "Oh, 6% of that "Other" is located in Japan, we should put the servers there!"